Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg vs. Braves Official Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ESPN2 will be televising the game, for those interested.

From MLB.com:

On Monday night in Atlanta, all eyes will be on Strasburg to see how he responds from his first taste of adversity in the big leagues.

They could also fall on the Braves' rookie phenom, Jason Heyward, if his injured thumb allows.

Heyward, an outfielder who leads Major League rookies in RBIs and walks, and is tied for the top spot in home runs, has not batted since Friday because of a sore left thumb. He entered Saturday's game against the Tigers as a defensive substitution and sat for the entirety of Sunday's game.

Heyward said that while he would love to face Strasburg, his health is all that matters to him. He will undergo a MRI on the injured digit prior to Monday's game.

"It would be fun, and it would be awesome," Heyward said. "But that would be something, to go out there and play and then not be ready to go back out there and play again. I don't see this like I'm sitting out because of an injury.

"I look at it like I'm sitting out to take care of it now, so that I don't have to worry about it later."

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Re: Heyward vs. Stras Update

Heyward should let his hand heal. Way too important to his future and the Braves' to rush back.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL

EVERYONE plays hurt but Heyward should just sit out the game. Obviously the fans want to see the two phenoms battle one another but Heyward's health is essential to the Braves success this year.

Allen

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010

There will be plenty more heyward v.s. strasburg matchups.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Figured I'd convert this thread into the official game thread.

I doubt Stras will get the win tonight. Hudson is 7-1 with an ERA under 2.00 vs. the Nats.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's official - No Heyward tonight, according to the announcers.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
:lol: Maybe it's just me, but it looked as though Stras didn't want to leave the dugout after the 3rd out.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It may well be a long night for Stras.

Braves look like they have him figured out already, and he was lucky to get out the 1st unscathed.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Gets out of another jam. He needs to use his secondary stuff more often, IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts