Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Allen & Ginter World's Saltiest Sailors Insert Set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eef97

Jun 24, 2010
I believe these are seeded one per case and that there may be 10 in the set. If anyone can confirm this, that would be great. I am doing this set so if you have one or any for sale, plmk. Thanks.

bubblegumga

Jun 20, 2010
Rickzcards said:
There seemed to be at least one per box in the case break that All In Cards(Andrew) had on the box break section.

I have opened 5 boxes and the one per box are called "Sailors of the Seven Seas"

I did pull one WSS (Edward "Blackbeard" Teach)

scottiff

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
Saltiest Sailors were falling only about 1 every 6 cases or so. They were by far the toughest minis to pull. My friend Brent Williams and myself opened 40 cases between us and only pulled 6!

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
scottiff said:
Saltiest Sailors were falling only about 1 every 6 cases or so. They were by far the toughest minis to pull. My friend Brent Williams and myself opened 40 cases between us and only pulled 6!

40 cases!! :eek: Wow thats some serious dough. What were your best hits?

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
scottiff said:

40 cases..sounds fun.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
All A&G pack ripper and collectors need to come to the conclusion that there were MAJOR problems going on when
these were packed out. I don't really think you can give these odds when one case is yeilding nothing and another
10. Topps needs to get their S)*( straight!

KEvin

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
schmidtfan20 said:
All A&G pack ripper and collectors need to come to the conclusion that there were MAJOR problems going on when
these were packed out. I don't really think you can give these odds when one case is yeilding nothing and another

KEvin

exactly. I didn't even know about the set of Lords Of Olympus till I opened a box last night. Ended up getting 6 of them in 3 boxes. Got none of them in my first case, no Saltiest sailors either but got 14 Celestial minis in the case. Pretty screwed up colation

scottiff

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
schmidtfan20 said:

KEvin
You said a mouthful there brother. We pretty much hit nothing big between us. Not one single Strasburg, no dino or other relics, no nothing of that sort. Seems the majority of big hits and the Strasburgs came from Hobby shops.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
scottiff said:
schmidtfan20 said:

KEvin
You said a mouthful there brother. We pretty much hit nothing big between us. Not one single Strasburg, no dino or other relics, no nothing of that sort. Seems the majority of big hits and the Strasburgs came from Hobby shops.
talked to my Local card shop on Saturday and he said that they got 50 cases. 15 for them and 35 for customers and they did not hit
1 Stras so far and they have 6 cases left to sell or open. And the guys who the other cases were for did not get anything of major
proportion, in the cases. Also told me there was only 25 rip cards he thinks landed out of those(35) cases. He said this has been the worst collation he has seen in recent years.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
Small example, but I opened up two cases and didn't see one. These are super rare based on the number on ebay compared to all the other mini types.

As for the "poor collation"... I for one love the randomness of the breaks. I like the idea that EVERY pack in a box could yield something rare. I had some boxes that had 5 relics/ autos in them and some that only had 1 or 2. This kept it interesting for me... maybe its because It feels a lot like gambling... I live in Alabama... This is the only gambling that's legal here.

robertsou812

Jul 18, 2010
Milford, New Jersey
Don't hate me, but didn't buy any boxes or cases of A & G but bought a retail blister box from my local walmart and got a Vane Saltiest Sailors SP. I didn't even know what it was as it really isn't listed in the odds, only as the 1:12 pack Sailors set. I knew it looked a bit unusual but go figure, maybe there are more of these in the blister boxes. :shock:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
robertsou812 said:
Don't hate me, but didn't buy any boxes or cases of A & G but bought a retail blister box from my local walmart and got a Vane Saltiest Sailors SP. I didn't even know what it was as it really isn't listed in the odds, only as the 1:12 pack Sailors set. I knew it looked a bit unusual but go figure, maybe there are more of these in the blister boxes. :shock:
Ok I'm going to say they are tough hobby pull, but it seems that retail has them. ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts