Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who will be starting the all star game (pitchers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
AL Squad:
Price
Buchholz
Hughes
Lester
Lee

NL Squad:
Jiminez
Halladay
Johnson
Lincecum
Wainwright

I think it will be Price and Halladay myself...who are your picks?

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
David Price pitches Wednesday... so he will be on full rest come Tuesday Night.... Ill go with him for the AL.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Definitely Lee and Ubaldo.. Halladay is lucky he even made the team

Lee pitches today and will pitch again Friday.... he will be on 3 days rest for the All-Star Game.... do they risk it? While Price willbe on full rest for the game.

Jimenez will also pitch Friday... and also will be on 3 days rest....

Both would be great choices.... but 3 days rest seems a bit risky.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The Cardinals broadcasters just said that neither Wainwright or Carpenter will pitch on the last day or whatever that makes pitchers ineligible, so I would like to see it fall into place around the league that allows one of those two to start.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
P_Manning 18 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Definitely Lee and Ubaldo.. Halladay is lucky he even made the team

Lee pitches today and will pitch again Friday.... he will be on 3 days rest for the All-Star Game.... do they risk it?

:lol: Not a Chance.

He wouldn't pitch on short rest to help his team win the World Series why would he pitch on short rest for the All Star Game?

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
Wainwright just won his 12th game, he has to be considered.

Just won? so he pitched today? so he is likely to pitch again Friday... or maybe Saturday if they have a day off this week... putting him on 2-3 days rest for the game.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
P_Manning 18 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":2r4lxnl3]Wainwright just won his 12th game, he has to be considered.

Just won? so he pitched today? so he is likely to pitch again Friday... or maybe Saturday if they have a day off this week... putting him on 2-3 days rest for the game.[/quote:2r4lxnl3]

I don't know how it works, but they both Carp and Wainwright, with the way things are set up now, would both be available to start the ASG.

Members online

Latest posts