Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who are your come back players of the year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
mwashuc06 said:
Vladimir Guerrero, from a potential washed up player to a potential MVP candidate.
The only thing for me is that he was an above average player still. OF course he's having a great season and one of his best in a few years, but it wasn't like he was totally washed up or bad. He was a highly touted FA that I wish the Giants picked up!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
jetsrule4 said:
wright and price

+1 / -1

David Wright has put together an All Star year(back to form), after almost falling off in to obscurity power wise.

David Price, Although having a Cy Young type year, was not horrible last year with a 10-7 record in 23 starts as a RC.

ahodge84

Jun 12, 2010
Lincoln, NE
Tough one. In the AL, I really like Liriano's rebound, but I actually find Alex Rios's comeback more surprising. I kind of anticipated Liriano putting it all together again, and he's done a great job of it.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Probably better stories out there, or adversity that had to be overcome - but just to throw a couple other names out there that haven't been mentioned.

AL - Adrian Beltre and Fausto Carmona are both all-star's after having rough seasons, and a lot of people thinking they were destined for the scrapheap.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Chris Young got sent down to AAA after a very rough season in '09...

This year... .270avg 15HR 57rbi 16SB , great defense, and all-star nod.

ahodge84

Jun 12, 2010
Lincoln, NE
rymflaherty said:
Probably better stories out there, or adversity that had to be overcome - but just to throw a couple other names out there that haven't been mentioned.

AL - Adrian Beltre and Fausto Carmona are both all-star's after having rough seasons, and a lot of people thinking they were destined for the scrapheap.

Excellent calls there. I can't believe that I forgot about those guys... I own them both in fantasy ball. Not to mention that I've always been a huge Carmona fan...

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
This one's tough because these players will all still come back down to earth (probably).

That's why comeback player of the year normally goes to someone that hasn't even played..

for me,

that man is Shaun Marcum.

I really don't know if Comeback Player of the Year should reward people coming back from injuries or not, but I like Marcum.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
I have 2 guys in mind for both leagues

NL: Glaus or Tim Hudson (Both Braves coincidentally)

AL: Carmona or Guerrerro

Members online

Latest posts