Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does it bother anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joewoowoo

Aug 24, 2008
Gillette,NJ
I am talking about game used swatches, bat barrels,ETC... Its nice to have all of these beautiful cards in your collection but does it bother anyone else that all this history is being cut into pieces to satisfy collectors. All this history literally being destroyed before our eyes. share your opinions.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
most of the stuff they cut up is not GU'ed anyway.. just more like a term used to describe the items. most of the stuff is either manufactured or just regular jersey, glove or bat.. and most of the other cut items like auto's there is an abundance of on the market.. if there wasn't they wouldn't be releasing them yearly like they do. I highly doubt they are buying and destroying anything truely historical as those items would fetch top dollar on the market anyway.. more like they are recycling items that would otherwise not be.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
It does bother me a little, but at the same time it is great that this is a way to share the experience of the jersey. It sort of makes everyone a shareholder. What does bother me is that the game-used cards should state when these jerseys were used and a little more documentation. A jersey that was used in an Old Timers game is not the same as a jersey that was used in a game.

The thing I don't like is when a player is pictured in one uniform and the game-used piece is an entirely different team.

George K said:
It does bother me a little, but at the same time it is great that this is a way to share the experience of the jersey. It sort of makes everyone a shareholder. What does bother me is that the game-used cards should state when these jerseys were used and a little more documentation. A jersey that was used in an Old Timers game is not the same as a jersey that was used in a game.

The thing I don't like is when a player is pictured in one uniform and the game-used piece is an entirely different team.

+1

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
1st4040 said:
most of the stuff they cut up is not GU'ed anyway.. just more like a term used to describe the items. most of the stuff is either manufactured or just regular jersey, glove or bat.. and most of the other cut items like auto's there is an abundance of on the market.. if there wasn't they wouldn't be releasing them yearly like they do. I highly doubt they are buying and destroying anything truely historical as those items would fetch top dollar on the market anyway.. more like they are recycling items that would otherwise not be.

+1 and thanked

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
George K -

I just have to say that I LOVE that Gwynn in your sig! Something about rc reprint autos of Gwynn, Sandberg and Brett that I just love.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Thanks Pete.

Yeah, there 's something cool about those rookie reprint auto, even the reimagined ones from Topps Fan Faves.

Here's a scan of one I got a few weeks back:

yaz.jpg

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
1st4040 said:
What do you mean by this statement, Jose?? Are you saying that when a company issues a game-used item and states it on the card as game used(i.e.: game used jersey or game used bat), you believe it not to be actually game used. Where's your proof?? I believe if this is the practice, alot of lawsuits would've been filed by consumers of their products.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
IndyMann said:
1st4040 said:
What do you mean by this statement, Jose?? Are you saying that when a company issues a game-used item and states it on the card as game used(i.e.: game used jersey or game used bat), you believe it not to be actually game used. Where's your proof?? I believe if this is the practice, alot of lawsuits would've been filed by consumers of their products.

That is what I was wondering

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
George K said:
Thanks Pete.

Yeah, there 's something cool about those rookie reprint auto, even the reimagined ones from Topps Fan Faves.

yaz.jpg

That's what I like the most...when they redesign the card. It's sweet.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
George K said:
Thanks Pete.

yaz.jpg

The Brett wouldn't be a rookie reprint though as he's pictured there on a 76 topps card. He was a rookie in the 75 Topps set

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
wolfmanalfredo said:
George K said:
Thanks Pete.

yaz.jpg

The Brett wouldn't be a rookie reprint though as he's pictured there on a 76 topps card. He was a rookie in the 75 Topps set

Umm..I know. I was simply referencing Brett as one of the reprint autos I like. But thanks. The Boggs isn't a rc either.

Let me clarify so no confusion...

I like the Sandberg (83), Gwynn (83), Brett (75), Mattingly(84), Yount (75), Seaver (67), Bench (68) and Ryan (68) rc reprints....;)

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
I understood that Pete was talking about solely the Gwynn card. It's funny how everyone on the net needs to show they know every trivial thing. I used to be like that.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
George K said:
I understood that Pete was talking about solely the Gwynn card. It's funny how everyone on the net needs to show they know every trivial thing. I used to be like that.

You get thanked ;) I notice that a lot too.

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
wolfmanalfredo said:
George K said:
Thanks Pete.

yaz.jpg

Georgie:

File0106.jpg

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
1st4040 said:

What the hell are you talking about??

Members online

Latest posts