Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has anyone here ever been to...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
a USA 18u baseball event? More importantly the International Showcase?

It is comming to St. Paul this year and I am desperately trying to rake in cards to be signed (not very many... just a few).

On the St. Paul Saints website, they said "get autographs from the teams"

Do they do autograph lines after every game?

If they do, how do they work?

If they have an autograph line, where you can get every player, I will end up with (2) team signed balls of all 4 teams, and (2) tournament signed programs (if they have them) and I will do all the cards before the game.

Or should I not bother?

Because I plan on having about 15 cards, and 2 sweet spot baseballs signed before the game(s) and any 8x10s that I nab as well.

I just don't know what to excpect, besides what the stadium looks like and the promotions they will be doing during the game (they are the same ones that they treat Saints fans too).

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
TBTwinsFan said:
a USA 18u baseball event? More importantly the International Showcase?

It is comming to St. Paul this year and I am desperately trying to rake in cards to be signed (not very many... just a few).

On the St. Paul Saints website, they said "get autographs from the teams"

Do they do autograph lines after every game?

If they do, how do they work?

If they have an autograph line, where you can get every player, I will end up with (2) team signed balls of all 4 teams, and (2) tournament signed programs (if they have them) and I will do all the cards before the game.

Or should I not bother?

Because I plan on having about 15 cards, and 2 sweet spot baseballs signed before the game(s) and any 8x10s that I nab as well.

I just don't know what to excpect, besides what the stadium looks like and the promotions they will be doing during the game (they are the same ones that they treat Saints fans too).

I may be going to the Thunder Bay games, the 23rd through August 1st. It all depends on when the wife gives birth.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
TBTwinsFan said:
Cool! That is the actual tourny, so I doubt they will sign. This is just warmup

I'd love to hit it up down there, but, gotta work all week. Not too concerned w/auto's. Just would like to meet and chat w/a couple players.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
With any HS Showcase/All-America/USA event things are really laid back - typically the crowd will be made up mostly of scouts and the families of the players. There will be plenty of opportunities to snag some autographs, and the players usually enjoy it as it is still new to them due to their age, but I would suggest being a little respectful after the game as most of the players literally go up into the stands to see their families - I'm not saying don't try for an auto after the game, but don't be one of those guys with ten things for each player to sign (which it sounds like you won't be doing anyway). Everyone will be very accessible though.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
55_marlins_sp said:
TBTwinsFan said:

I'd love to hit it up down there, but, gotta work all week. Not too concerned w/auto's. Just would like to meet and chat w/a couple players.

All week? I am going on Saturday and Sunday. I want to nab these guys before they are in the pros, that way I have a head start. Main targets are Tony Wolters and Nicky Delmonico. I have 10 cards of Wolters, and 3 of Delmonico, and I want them each on Day 1's stub.

I am a high school ball player so I am using it for a learning experience more so than getting autos, but those are a sidedish when I go to games.

Living in MN, we have no MiLB teams (I know you know that) and so I settle for what I have which is the Stingers, and the Twins/Saints (too far away for the RedHawks), and so if I have an oppurtunity like this to get autographs, I usually take it.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
TBTwinsFan said:
55_marlins_sp said:
TBTwinsFan said:

All week? I am going on Saturday and Sunday. I want to nab these guys before they are in the pros, that way I have a head start. Main targets are Tony Wolters and Nicky Delmonico. I have 10 cards of Wolters, and 3 of Delmonico, and I want them each on Day 1's stub.

I am a high school ball player so I am using it for a learning experience more so than getting autos, but those are a sidedish when I go to games.

Living in MN, we have no MiLB teams (I know you know that) and so I settle for what I have which is the Stingers, and the Twins/Saints (too far away for the RedHawks), and so if I have an oppurtunity like this to get autographs, I usually take it.

Yes, only day off is Friday and that will be my errand day. Gotta work 1-9 Saturday and 7-1:30 on Sunday. Not looking forward to it.

jlecates - Thanks for the info as well. Hopefully I'll be able to make it up to Thunder Bay.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Ahh, that isn't good.

jlecates: TY for the info. The only 2 people I will have a lot of things to sign are Tony Wolters and Nicky Delmonico, but I plan on spacing them out. The only reason for that is that they are my favorite players on the team.

I am not a mad grapher, sure I will be using "the book" and I will have some cards, stubbs, balls, and programs, but I try to be respectful no matter where I am, Northwoods all the way up to the Majors. I always say thank you as well, try and make the player feel good. I am not a dealer either so everything I get stays with me. No trading or selling for me. I know they have no way of telling that but it's true.

By the looks of it, they won't have autograph lines after the game. I will go prepared and if I get stumped, I can use the balls and programs for guys that I don't have anything for.

The only problem is off accesibility is the stadium itself. Everywhere (except for the outfield seats) are up in the air, above the dugout. The Killebrew Root Beer seats are floor seats, but I doubt they will have those open, I don't know.

IDK if I mentioned it in this post, but I was at a Saints game about 3 weeks ago, and I missed the first 2 innings (relied on people...) so I couldn't try for graphs, but I went anyways with a couple pocket schedules and a ticket stubb... no deal...

They say they are going to run it like a Saints game, so I am sure Dana Kiecker will be wondering around. The promos are going to be the same, and I am sure Madonna and the Pig will be there.

But besides the graphing, I hope for a very fun experience. I am also trying for some youtube bait, so I will hopefully nab some good videos. I hope to learn something myself, being a high school ball player and I will be around 6 months younger than some of the kids.

The team is holding workout sessions for all high schoolers this Wednesday and Thursday and I thought about doing it for kicks and giggles... but I have a Doc's appointment on Wednesday and I doubt I can go on Thursday.

55_marlins_sp:

If you get a chance, catch a Border Cats game while you are up there (they might be in the Border Cats stadium). Those are fun to go to as well. If they are playing the Stingers (which I doubt they would be) give them the ole' buzz for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts