Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Mailday!] Diamond King Recollection Auto Style! +SICK Steal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

First, the Recollection Auto.
It's funny - just the other day I figured this is one I'd probably never see. I mean, who bothers selling an Orosco card?

Well, my #70's seller did. He grabbed it in a lot he bought, and sold it to me for $20.

Orosco_Reco.jpg

Next up is a steal (in my opinion). Not often do plain patches go for this amount. Hell - regular jerseys go for almost this amount.
For my Wilhelm PC:

wilhelm_super_patch.jpg

Scan is bad, I know.. but this sucker is in a BGS case that's like a half inch thick! I paid $10 + S&H for it! #'d to 10, and it has one of the rarest patches I've seen on a Wilhelm.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
The patch on the right is pretty cool/rare:
The year 1968 marked the Susquentenial Anniversary of Illinois’s statehood. The White Sox wore a patch on their jersey to commemorate the historic occasion.
all-pro-authentics_2114_17094068

An Aparicio jersey from that year.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
A_Pharis said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
The patch on the right is pretty cool/rare:
The year 1968 marked the Susquentenial Anniversary of Illinois’s statehood. The White Sox wore a patch on their jersey to commemorate the historic occasion.
all-pro-authentics_2114_17094068

An Aparicio jersey from that year.

YOU ROCK!

Thanked!
No problem. It'd be a cool piece for anyone from Illinois to own. I used this:
http://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/ ... T-1972_LAD
to get started, and then googled "1968 White Sox jersey's" to get a close up of the patch.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Both very nice purchases, $30 very well spent.

I'm sure you've gotten a million PMs already so I didn't want to overburden your inbox...but in the rare chance you haven't seen already there is (or was?) a 1/1 DK over on the trade forums.

A_Pharis

nevermore said:
Both very nice purchases, $30 very well spent.

I'm sure you've gotten a million PMs already so I didn't want to overburden your inbox...but in the rare chance you haven't seen already there is (or was?) a 1/1 DK over on the trade forums.

The Madlock? I saw and was contacted by the seller. I have a higher numbered version of it. Thanks for looking out for me!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
For my Wilhelm PC:

wilhelm_super_patch.jpg

Scan is bad, I know.. but this sucker is in a BGS case that's like a half inch thick! I paid $10 + S&H for it! #'d to 10, and it has one of the rarest patches I've seen on a Wilhelm.
$10?!?!?!!? Holy crap Adam, I would DEFINITELY qualify that purchase as a steal! :shock: :shock:

Glad you found the Orosco, also!

Nicely done. :mrgreen:

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
That's a ridiculous steal on the Wilhelm, and a great pick-up on the Orosco. I wish I still had a Recollection that you needed so I could trade for it.

I've been buying Wilhelm patches since that set came out, and I still haven't bought any of the autographed versions. They're very difficult to find, although I've been lucky to find 4 from the same patch.

(2nd and 4th down on the right)
HoytWilhelm2005AMTOTTDualRed.png

(bottom two on the right)
HoytWilhelm2005AMTOTTTripleRed.png

Members online

Latest posts