Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone been to Crested Butte CO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I'm driving there tomorrow form Central Texas to visit some friends.

Anyone have any suggestions on things to do while I'm there?

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
trevordchi said:

This time of year, the only reason to go to Crusted Butt is to ski.......

Are your friends at Western State College???

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
shanks25 said:
trevordchi said:

No they went to school here in Texas. They just moved up there to get away for a while.

We will probably go boarding for a day or two but we will be there for almost 2 weeks and can't afford to go boarding for more than a day or two. Any good places to eat or activities other than ski? My fiance is set on sledding down the mountain.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
trevordchi said:
shanks25 said:
trevordchi said:

No they went to school here in Texas. They just moved up there to get away for a while.

We will probably go boarding for a day or two but we will be there for almost 2 weeks and can't afford to go boarding for more than a day or two. Any good places to eat or activities other than ski? My fiance is set on sledding down the mountain.

Be prepared for some cabin fever......it will be real cold and real remote.....Gunnison has some pretty cool bars.....

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
trevordchi said:

Stay warm it gets like -10 at night. Other than that like its been said its ski or really making snowmen for 2 weeks. I been there once to ski when I was like 15, notice I said once.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
shanks25 said:
trevordchi said:
shanks25 said:
trevordchi said:

Be prepared for some cabin fever......it will be real cold and real remote.....Gunnison has some pretty cool bars.....

I'm a big fan of remote. I'm hoping the 10 layers i plan to wear will keep me warm. I've never been to Colorado before so just the experience of getting to see the mountains will make the trip worthwhile.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
trevordchi said:
shanks25 said:
trevordchi said:
shanks25 said:
trevordchi said:

I'm a big fan of remote. I'm hoping the 10 layers i plan to wear will keep me warm. I've never been to Colorado before so just the experience of getting to see the mountains will make the trip worthwhile.

The scenery is absolutely spectacular.......you'll be impressed.......you should think about going back in the summer.......it's completely different but just as beautiful....

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
Never been, but it sounds like I need to change places with you. Since retiring from skiing I have been doing alright getting through my winters, but we just had a record snowfall for December and the local areas were open before Thanksgiving which has not been a common thing the last 10 years. I am now getting the itch back especially after getting my oldest here first pair of skis for here lessons she will be taking this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts