Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do any sellers use the buyer requirements on ebay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
I was just wondering if anyone blocks buyers using the buyer requirements on ebay. I blocked buyers with 2 unpaid strikes within the past six months. I had a potential buyer contact me on Friday asking if I would change the requirements because he had two unpaid strikes against him. He had a total feedback of 7 and 2 were from a seller warning about him not paying. I told him I didn't want to change them because I didn't want the hassle of someone winning and not paying. The same bidder creates a new ebay ID and wins my auction that ended tonight. What is the point in having buyer requirements if you can just create a new ID to get around them?

/rant

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
lkk116 said:
I use them, i make it hard for a bad bidder to bid on my items no exceptions

But if a bad bidder wants to buy your items they can just create a new ebay ID and get around the buyer requirements

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
True, but I want to at least make it a bit harder for them to do so.

docdw25 said:
lkk116 said:
I use them, i make it hard for a bad bidder to bid on my items no exceptions

But if a bad bidder wants to buy your items they can just create a new ebay ID and get around the buyer requirements

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Absolutely, I use them as well. My big thing is international buyers. I get messages all the time from them asking me if I will ship overseas and what not. I only ship here in the US because I have had problems with international shipping with buyers claiming stuff never arrives. The buyer requirements fixes that problem pretty easy.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
gonzagacubs said:
Absolutely, I use them as well. My big thing is international buyers. I get messages all the time from them asking me if I will ship overseas and what not. I only ship here in the US because I have had problems with international shipping with buyers claiming stuff never arrives. The buyer requirements fixes that problem pretty easy.

Ditto...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
What you should be able to do is block buyer's IP addresses. That way, new account or no, they can't win your item if they are blocked at the IP level.

TMCD

May 17, 2010
Wales, UK
loftlife said:
gonzagacubs said:

Ditto...

Doesnt seem to be much love for us international collectors.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
TMCD said:
loftlife said:
gonzagacubs said:

Ditto...

Blame eBay. eBay requires you to use Paypal. With Paypal, there is little protection to the seller for an international transaction.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Jeff N. said:
TMCD said:
loftlife said:
gonzagacubs said:

Ditto...

Blame eBay. eBay requires you to use Paypal. With Paypal, there is little protection to the seller for an international transaction.

+1 .... all it takes is ONE massive paypal chargeback on an international transaction to ruin it :x

dadofandrew

Aug 7, 2008
Can't you set it up to not take any bidders with less then 5 Feedback? I thought I saw an option for that but am not sure

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I believe contacting eBay will settle this issue. The buyer circumvented the system...eBay typically responds well to that if you ask them to.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I use the requirements and I ship International as well..

When you ship using PAYPAL and ship International Global Priority, they show when an item is delivered now..

It can cost a little more, but there is tracking info.. Here's an example..

Tracking number
CQ673209215US
Shipping label printed on May-16-10
USPS Priority Mail International
Shipping cost: $35.29
Delivered, May-31-10, 15:03 PM
Attempted Delivery Abroad, May-29-10, 13:44 PM
Attempted Delivery Abroad, May-28-10, 17:46 PM
Out of Foreign Customs, May-27-10, 16:10 PM, MALPENSA LONATEPOZZOLO
Into Foreign Customs, May-26-10, 17:37 PM, MALPENSA LONATEPOZZOLO
Into Foreign Customs, May-24-10, 07:47 AM, MALPENSA LONATEPOZZOLO
Arrived Abroad, May-24-10, 07:46 AM, MALPENSA LONATEPOZZOLO
International Dispatch, May-19-10, 05:02 AM, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Arrival, May-19-10, 05:02 AM, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Electronic Shipping Info Received, May-17-10, 00:49 AM, PUYALLUP, WA, 98374

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
dadofandrew said:
Can't you set it up to not take any bidders with less then 5 Feedback? I thought I saw an option for that but am not sure

You can block bidders with -1 feedback or worse. It's pretty useless really since you can't leave negatives for buyers anymore.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
i use the buyer requirements religiously, jsut for the reason everyone says. i dont want some freakshow with 2 negs and a feedback score of 3 bidding on my stuff. i have(i think) 4 or 5 requirements set for my auctions, it makes life easier and i've noticed that i get fewer questions asked about auctions when the answers to the question is in the listing. if you could only have an intelligence requirement

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
docdw25 said:
I was just wondering if anyone blocks buyers using the buyer requirements on ebay. I blocked buyers with 2 unpaid strikes within the past six months. I had a potential buyer contact me on Friday asking if I would change the requirements because he had two unpaid strikes against him. He had a total feedback of 7 and 2 were from a seller warning about him not paying. I told him I didn't want to change them because I didn't want the hassle of someone winning and not paying. The same bidder creates a new ebay ID and wins my auction that ended tonight. What is the point in having buyer requirements if you can just create a new ID to get around them?

/rant

I would never block anyone for any reason.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
BunchOBull said:
I believe contacting eBay will settle this issue. The buyer circumvented the system...eBay typically responds well to that if you ask them to.

No they won't. I tried the live chat last night and was told that people are free to make as many accounts as they wish. I was told that I could start the NPB process after 4 days and after 4 more days I could close the case. I asked the ebay rep what is the point in having buyer requirements if you allow people to create new accounts. I was told not to tell other ebay members about this issue.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
docdw25 said:
BunchOBull said:

No they won't. I tried the live chat last night and was told that people are free to make as many accounts as they wish. I was told that I could start the NPB process after 4 days and after 4 more days I could close the case. I asked the ebay rep what is the point in having buyer requirements if you allow people to create new accounts. I was told not to tell other ebay members about this issue.

Seriously wtf to the bolded.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
predatorkj said:
docdw25 said:
BunchOBull said:

Seriously wtf to the bolded.

Yeah I thought the same thing. I had to read the statement a few times before I just gave up and closed the live chat.

Members online

Latest posts