Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are your Favorite Stickered and Hard signed products?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfind

Jun 10, 2010
This is NOT a Sticker vs. On card or Chrome vs Elite thread, but I would like to hear what your all time favorite products are with Sticker autos and with Hard signed autos of NON-prospects cards. Since I'm so new baseball, I'm only familiar with 2010 stuff, but would like to pick up some singles of older products.

Thanks!

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
2001 Topps Archives are the best on card autos that have ever been made. They are reprints of Topps rookie cards with clean on card autographs. It doesn't get any better than that.

As far as "sticker" autographs, I would have to go with the Sweet Spot autographs. They aren't foil or clear "stickers", but rather pieces of leather with stitching that look like the sweet spot of the baseball. They are thick cards. The only problem would be some premature fading on some issues (I think).

David

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
2006 Topps Sterling

All.
on.
card.
autos.

Tough to beat that. Man, that's a beautiful product. I don't have a favorite sticker auto product.

Ant

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I agree with leatherman...any of the Topps Archives or Topps Fan Favorite sets. Love the reprint cards with great looking on-card autos. Or the Recollection Collection autos from DLP.

As for stickers...UD did a good job with 2008 Premier as it's hard to tell they're actually stickers...
2008UDPremierDualAutoEdgar16-25.jpg

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Well, for stickered i'd have to say ex signing of the times auto/gu. Can't remember the exact year, think it was 03, or 04.

Non stickered I say is 1996 leaf signature series, I'm biased but how can you not love the set

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
On the card would be 1996 Leaf Signature or 1998 Donruss Signature. Both were massive autograph sets that featured ALL on card autos.

1996LeafSignatureAutographsBronze.jpg
1998DonrussSignatureAutographsSmall.jpg

For stickers, I really like all of the UD Premier autos. They look very clean and you can barely tell that there's a sticker.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Not certain about the sticker side, but for the hard-signed:

Topps Archives

In my younger days a retail break of 2001 Topps Archives yielded one of the most beautiful autographs I've ever pulled - 1952 reprint Hank Bauer autograph.

Too bad it was traded away a couple years ago. It helped me get two pieces to my 500 HR Club collection (Mays and Aaron) but it was tough to get rid of.

Sticker:

2005 Reflections

Nice design, nice checklist.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Favorite Stickered: 2002 Absolute signing bonuses
maddux-sb-31.jpg

Hard Signed:

Although I am a big fan of 1996 Leaf Signature Series, for me it is tough to beat these 2 sets:

killibrew-auto.jpg

autocard.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I don't consider Sweet Spot autos stickers. Phil Hughes posted pics a few years back of him signing the preconstructed cards. They leather pieces weren't signed then later affixed to cards

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
you cannot go wrong with any of topps' retro themed on card auto sets (atff, heritage, a&g, t206, retired sig ed, archives, archives reserve, team topps legends, etc). ud has had some nice ones as well; ultimate collection, ud legends, yankee sig series, and my favorite ud issue 2003 sp authentic. it has a good mix of players and they are relatively affordable. here are a few samples from the bay...

!Bpmj+0gB2k~$(KGrHqQH-CgEuW0(gCbCBLsFqg8LI!~~_12.jpg
!ByTb60Q!2k~$(KGrHqEOKnQEw8ojvO2CBMRJcqjoNg~~_12.jpg
!B)5v9-gBGk~$(KGrHqYOKi!Ew0uZTH2JBMPeFUtenw~~_12.JPG

!Bd,,!WgB2k~$(KGrHqQH-EYErffM51tgBK41W1GUdQ~~_12.jpg
!Blyi4o!!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKjgEtlwkLonuBLdEd,hRIw~~_3.jpg
!B)KtYwg!mk~$(KGrHqEOKjcEweumJlfOBMMS-0gzqw~~_12.jpg

cfind

Jun 10, 2010
Thanks for all the great posts, all of those cards look fantastic!
The 2002 Absolute signing bonuses is amazing and I can remember cracking boxes and boxes of the 1996 Leaf Signature, they had a bunch of variations right? How I took for granted how rare on card auto's would become. Can you still pick up boxes of that stuff?

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
2005 Ultimate Signature has all on-card autos (or cuts), and has some VERY nice subsets. I am am currently collecting the HOF'ers from the Supremacy subset. I haven't read the whole thread so I wonder if wideright has posted yet...

AndreDawsonSupremacy.jpg

AK11

May 24, 2010
For hard-signed, 09 SP Legendary Cuts. The Classic Signatures /10 and Future Legends with varied numbering, plus clean design for both. Can't think of a sticker product off the top of my head.

Members online

Latest posts