Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So close and yet sooo far...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scooter2374

Jul 4, 2010
New Jersey
I decided to try my hand in the Longoria superfractor hunt tonight and nearly had a heart attack. I'm in the middle of my 2nd box and I see a shiny. I move the other cards out of the way and see his name on the shiny background. I then see said card is Auto'd.... and it just turns out to be a /500 ref. Damn you baseball card gods!!! :D So close but yet sooooooo far

scooter2374

Jul 4, 2010
New Jersey
I thought that the smiley would negate all negativity towards said gods, lol

blanning71 said:
You pull a Longoria refractor auto and you're cursing the baseball gods? Not smart buddy. Not smart at all.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Okay, nice pull - what exact box are these supers in so I can buy one or two and pull it so we can end all the speculation? Thanks.

scooter2374

Jul 4, 2010
New Jersey
The real box will only show itself on the second wednesday of next week, when the moon is super-full. Or it is super-new....

LaneyB said:
Okay, nice pull - what exact box are these supers in so I can buy one or two and pull it so we can end all the speculation? Thanks.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
It's funny I just now did some late night ebay buying and put my ebay bucks towards 2 boxes of 06 Draft( I'll let you know whats in them) and I come here and read this! I also bought a Ginter box from this guy, he has a Strasburg mini for sale and reading his feedback comments, he sold a box with one in it too.

jesrockz

May 26, 2010
How much have you guys paid for the hobby boxes? I bought a case for $640 a few months ago. Nothing worth a darn in it. I have another 7 boxes that should be at the post office now.

jesrockz

May 26, 2010
scooter2374 said:
I decided to try my hand in the Longoria superfractor hunt tonight and nearly had a heart attack. I'm in the middle of my 2nd box and I see a shiny. I move the other cards out of the way and see his name on the shiny background. I then see said card is Auto'd.... and it just turns out to be a /500 ref. Damn you baseball card gods!!! :D So close but yet sooooooo far

So where's the scan? And are you going to sell it?

scooter2374

Jul 4, 2010
New Jersey
jesrockz said:
scooter2374 said:

So where's the scan? And are you going to sell it?

I don't have a scanner yet or I would have plastered my neighborhood with copies ;) Does anybody on here have a recommendation on one? Or ones to avoid? Dunno about if I'm selling yet. I'm not really a Rays/Longoria fan but I do understand that /#'d auto cards of his caliber don't exactly grow on trees. I just recently got back into the hobby and that's a nice place to start a new-er collection.

jesrockz

May 26, 2010
Does anybody have any idea how many of these were made?

It kinda blows my mind when you start thinking about how many cards a guy signs. The auto refractor was numbered to 500, the auto xfractor is numbered to 250, etc.......and how many of these were signed? 1,000?? How can a man sign that many without his hand falling off?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-BOWMAN-CHROME- ... 335e6d978f

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
I was having a drink last night (apparently too many) and ordered a box of this stuff; it should be here on Thursday - will post results then too.

scooter2374

Jul 4, 2010
New Jersey
jesrockz said:
How much have you guys paid for the hobby boxes? I bought a case for $640 a few months ago. Nothing worth a darn in it. I have another 7 boxes that should be at the post office now.

I think I paid $300 or so for 4 boxes so about 75 per

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I haven't pulled a Longoria in my last 3 cases of 2006 bowman draft, and i've seen two other case breaks that did not have a Longoria either.

Be happy you actually pulled one!

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
LaneyB said:
This is what was in my only box, the scanner is horrible and I don't know how to use it completely yet.

2006BCPulls.jpg

Man, it's a shame to see that this would have been a $300 box back in the day, and now it won't even yield $30 back.

Most cases of 2006 bowman draft won't yield you more than $150 nowadays, when back then, you were averaging around $350 or more in return.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts