Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Latest Phillies trade rumor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Do the Yankees still want Werth? Couldn't they potentially be that team? Phillies would definitely have to add though, no? They'd just be trading Werth for Oswalt?

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
trademhigh said:
Do the Yankees still want Werth? Couldn't they potentially be that team? Phillies would definitely have to add though, no? They'd just be trading Werth for Oswalt?

When you factor the $$ in, Werth is more valuable than Oswalt.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Phillies need pitching, eh? Too bad they never had a Cliff Lee or something......

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Oswalt is very overrated imo. With his contract and his age, I am glad my Tigers are staying away. I would not give up one top prospect or player.

brumbach

I'll keep Howard, Utley, Polanco, and Chooch. Keeping Halladay and Hamels, with a wince keeping Lidge, Madson, Durbin, maybe JC. Loading up the rest of the team including Amaro, Chollie, Milt, and Dubee on to a bus and driving it off of the Walt Whitman bridge and starting over. This team has become disgusting to watch, I have better things to do with my time than waste watching what they've done since the ASG. I'm done waiting and hoping for this year, show me Dom Brown, some kids from A and AA are probably more fun to watch at this point. You could have Lee AND Oswalt on this team and it'd still be sucking.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
mwashuc06 said:
I wonder how Amaro Jr. is liking punchless Gillies and wildthing Aumont.

I know you wrote the book, but Gillies has been hurt all year and Aumont has new mechanics and is starting again. I'm not sticking up for them because they wouldn't make my top ten. I think it's still to early to say they are horrible. The trade might have been horrible, but there is still hope for the prospects.

I would like a trade that brought Oswalt without giving up any of our prospects and just losing Werth. There are three possibilities IMO,

A. Trade Werth in three way deal to get Oswalt without losing any top prospects. Probably some throw ins.
B. Trade Werth for prospects.
C. Keep Werth, get two picks.

Lets be honest, the Phillies probably aren't going anywhere this year but having Oswalt for the next year or two would give them a really good rotation.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
A few little things flying around:

-Austin Hyatt may have been scratched from his start
-Rays scout in Lakewood tonight although that makes little sense unless the phillies will be adding something to Werth for a package....

Oswalt possibly would veto a trade to the phillies which would make me happy.

crazy8parlay

Jun 24, 2010
Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

In the mean time. The Phillies just pulled this guy up from AA Reading!

VanceWorleyAutolot.jpg

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
phillyfan0417 said:

-Rays scout in Lakewood tonight although that makes little sense unless the phillies will be adding something to Werth for a package....

Why would Oswalt not going to Philly make you happy?

Speaking of which, the rumors I've heard have Happ going to Houston with spare parts straight up for Oswalt, no Werth included.

We're going to make Ed Wade our bitch again.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Jeff N. said:
phillyfan0417 said:

Why would Oswalt not going to Philly make you happy?

Speaking of which, the rumors I've heard have Happ going to Houston with spare parts straight up for Oswalt, no Werth included.

We're going to make Ed Wade our bitch again.

He wants his 2012 option for 16 million picked up and at that age, its a risk...

Latest posts