Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowman Chrome card grading tips - help appreciated!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Hey all,

I haven't graded anything since 2001 and back then, standards were far different than they are now (much more rigid and tougher to pull 9.5's let alone 10's). With that being said, I watch these card grade results and see people pulling 9.5 after 9.5 on Bowman Chrome cards and wonder how they do it. In particular, how do you all get the surfaces to shine like you do? I imagine you all have some sort of cleaning process so I was wondering if anyone had advice/tips to offer someone looking to get back into the grading game. Any feedback is greatly appreciated or feel free to pm me if you don't want your "secrets" getting out there.

Thanks!

John

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Microfiber cloths used to clean glasses/laptop screens/cell phone screens work well to clear off fingerprints and smudges.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The best thing to do is submit gem mint cards. No amount of polishing will recenter a card, remove a varnish scratch or straighten a flaired corner. Make sure you package securely, wipe off fingerprints, and look at your cards like you want to buy them, not sell them. Be extremely critical in your selections, and use a good mag glass or loupe.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
smapdi said:
The best thing to do is submit gem mint cards. No amount of polishing will recenter a card, remove a varnish scratch or straighten a flaired corner. Make sure you package securely, wipe off fingerprints, and look at your cards like you want to buy them, not sell them. Be extremely critical in your selections, and use a good mag glass or loupe.

Thanks for the advice guys. I hear what you're saying, but in the past I've been notorious for getting 9.5, 9.5, 9.5 and 8.5 (surface) subs because I wasn't cleaning the front of the cards correctly or damaging the surface during the cleaning process. Would KimWipes work or would you recommend something like this [ebay:1lf5ghp9]280539914366[/ebay:1lf5ghp9]?

Thanks again, you've both been thanked.

Members online

Latest posts