Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Holy Shill Batman!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I know shill threads pop up a lot, and sometimes it's only speculation and sometimes incorrect...this is not one of those times. This is shilling, 100%.

[ebay:26jjjeh7]260639444418[/ebay:26jjjeh7]

Member Id: w***j ( 5 ) US $1.04
Jul-27-10 20:48:23 PDT

Member Id: thecardmagnet ( 231Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $0.99
Jul-27-10 00:36:24 PDT
30-Day Summary
Total bids: 212
Items bid on: 91
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100% Help
Bid retractions: 7
Bid retractions (6 months): 14
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... r_ViewLink

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
So I sent the guy a notice letting him know I planned on increasing my bid to ensure that I won, but abandoned after he shilled it, and let him know I filed a report for shilling. I get this reponse ::facepalm:: :lol: .

Thanks for interest in my auctions. I am not familiar with the reports that you have filed? Did you recieve any and all items that you may have won from our store before? If not I would be happy to either send a refund or replacement. Thanks again for your interest.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Card Magnet said:
Thanks for interest in my auctions. I am not familiar with the reports that you have filed? Did you recieve any and all items that you may have won from our store before? If not I would be happy to either send a refund or replacement. Thanks again for your interest.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
I am sorry, I do not see the problem here? The guy listed the cards for .99 because of the free listing (saves money). when it appeared the cards would sell for only .99, he wanted to protect his investment. They ar his cards, and if he does not want to sell them for .99, this is really his only option. I do not see the problem? I know everyone will say it is against Ebay policy, but that is only a policy so Ebay can make money. I know I will get flamed here, but I totally see the sellers point of view.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
bodiaz said:
I am sorry, I do not see the problem here? The guy listed the cards for .99 because of the free listing (saves money). when it appeared the cards would sell for only .99, he wanted to protect his investment. They ar his cards, and if he does not want to sell them for .99, this is really his only option. I do not see the problem? I know everyone will say it is against Ebay policy, but that is only a policy so Ebay can make money. I know I will get flamed here, but I totally see the sellers point of view.
Well I know never to bid on an item from you. Thanks for the heads up.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
bodiaz said:
I have never done it (only 1 eBay id) , just saying I can see why He would.

I can see why too but that doesn't make it right. If he has a price in mind he has a few options....Start it at a higher opening bid, Set a Reserve or list it as a Buy it now.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
bodiaz said:

If they didn't make money, they wouldn't exist.

You don't see the problem? Someone is using a website to advertise their cards for sale, and that website has been generous enough to let them advertise for free. In return for that free advertising, that website has rules which include the prohibition of shill bidding. If it were my website, and you did that to me, I wouldn't let you sell on my website.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
bodiaz said:

give us your ebay id so we know to not bid on your auctions. shilling is kinda stupid.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
[quote="Card Magnet"
Thanks for interest in my auctions. I am not familiar with the reports that you have filed? Did you recieve any and all items that you may have won from our store before? If not I would be happy to either send a refund or replacement. Thanks again for your interest.[/quote]
That's what you call a canned response.

zan

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
bodiaz it isnt only against ebays rules, its against the law. Just no one is going after the ebay shill bidders and rightfully so. Bypassing rules and laws isnt an excuse to protecting and investment. If the seller cant afford to lose money he shouldnt be selling cards.

bodiaz said:

if he wants more for his cards he could possibly start them at his lowest acceptable price.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Fandruw25 said:
bodiaz said:

I can see why too but that doesn't make it right. If he has a price in mind he has a few options....Start it at a higher opening bid, Set a Reserve or list it as a Buy it now.

All of which come with fees. Ebay offers free .99 cent listings. This is like roids on baseball in the nineties, against the rules with no penalty. I do not see the problem. It is his item, if he doesn't want to take a loss, them don't.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
bodiaz said:
Fandruw25 said:
bodiaz said:

All of which come with fees. Ebay offers free .99 cent listings. This is like roids on baseball in the nineties, against the rules with no penalty. I do not see the problem. It is his item, if he doesn't want to take a loss, them don't.

Except this isn't just against ebay rules, it's illegal to shill auctions.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
bodiaz said:
Fandruw25 said:
bodiaz said:

I can see your point of view only provided the seller's shill account was the ending highest bidder on every one of those shills. In this respect the seller eats the FVF and no bidder loses money. If the shill account is not the highest bidder then someone else got screwed. As far as the roids comparison goes, just ask Big Mac about the stigma and Hall of Shame plaque.

Members online

Latest posts