Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anthony Gose Traded to Toronto For Brett Wallace!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
WOW. :eek: :shock:

Houston just got a steal.

EDIT: Beat cha, Wes. :lol:

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
4 Teams in 2 years now for Wallace. Wonder if this opens up a Lance Berkman trade. Guess we know who will be the 1st baseman in Houston for years to come. Absolute steal for Houston.

EDIT: Assuming they convert Wallace to 1B in the off season.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
There has to be more to this. If there isn't, I'm going to lose my mind.

The point isn't whether or not they like what they're seeing in Cooper but whether or not they're giving up Wallace for crap.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Ironically, Brett Wallace was traded to the Jays for Michael Taylor, who the Phillies traded as part of the Halladay trade.

Apparently, the Jays / A's wanted Gose and settled for Michael Taylor...?

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Hallsgator said:
Unbelievable.

Do the Jays have that much faith in Cooper? Or are they about to trade for another first basemen? Surely Overbay isn't the answer.

Maybe Mike McDade is in their plans?
*crosses fingers*

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Am I the only one who is intensely curious to read Wallace's reaction to this new turn of events?

He'll have played for FOUR teams' minor league systems without seeing a day in the bigs.

southeastjerome

Aug 8, 2008
Just my opinion, I have never been a fan of Brett Wallace and to me he is not an elite or special prospect. I think people will realize in time that he was overrated from the start.

Good luck to both gose and wallace but i am not a fan of brett at all.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Highway Robbery.
What he said. I thought it was weird that Gose was in the Oswalt deal considering they have a superior version of him in Michael Bourn(Gose does have a slightly higher upside mostly due to age). Does this mean Houston doesn't pick up Berkman's option for 2011? I figured it was a given they would. Now I don't know. Is he going to be traded? Will Drayton finally let the Astros be torn down completely and rebuilt like they should be?

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Jeff N. said:
Ironically, Brett Wallace was traded to the Jays for Michael Taylor, who the Phillies traded as part of the Halladay trade.

This is the part I don't get.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Codasco07 said:
Jeff N. said:

This is the part I don't get.

Anthony Gose is alot better than some folks are giving him credit for. He has held his own in High-A at his age and should continue to develop. He's the best player the Phillies traded today...

Also, Michael Bourn is not a superior version of Gose

Members online

Latest posts