Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grade this Fantasy Baseball Pitching Staff...

What would you rate this staff

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I just swung a couple of deals and added Jon Lester, Johan, and King Felix. Giving me a STUD rotation in my eyes. I wanted to get your thoughts.

10 team league - W, ERA, WHIP, K, K/9, and Saves as the categories

JOsh Johnson
Cliff Lee
Jon Lester
Felix Hernandez
Yovanni Gallardo
John Santana
Mike Pelfrey
Edinson Volquez
Gio Gonzalez
Carlos Marmol
Chris Perez
Matt Lindstrom
Evan Meek
Aaron Heilman

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
moxacaine said:
how many players per team? seems like your offense would be lacking with that many pitchers.

C - Posey/Mauer
1B - Morneau
2B - Uggla
SS - Furcal
3b - Mark Reynolds / Scott Rolen
OF - Carl Crawford, Adam Jones, Carlos Gonzalez
U - Lance Berkman

I just traded away Ethier, BJ Upton, and Tulo (among others) in deals for the pitchers and Crawford.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
yankeesfan24 said:
id grade the staff as an A-, and your team as a B, pretty solid team. where are you in the standings in your league?

I am in first place, 9.5 games up on the 2nd place team.

I am a bit weak in the reliever area, because I just traded Axford and Rafael Soriano in the deals to get King Felix and Johan.

I haven't seen a starting pitching staff anywhere that rivals this one, but maybe I am overvaluing it because it is mine.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Fantasy trick: give up on categories where you can't possibly win. Trade for different players to help you pick it up in categories you could gain points in. For example, if you're way ahead in HRs but are behind in saves, it might be useful to trade a good power hitter for a closer or two...even if the trade seems stupid on surface level.

Unless it's a keeper league of course.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Staff is obviously sick. Obviously it depends on the structure of the league and how you are doing (in specific areas) but I would consider trading Josh Johnson since his value can't possibly get much higher (unless people look at today's start really negatively.) It's hard to imagine he'll come close to maintaining the ERA, wins are a bit tough for him to come by, and his other stats (WHIP and the like) indicate he's been a bit lucky.)

I'd get rid of Pelf as well if you could get anything for him.

Honestly I'd move Mauer if people would pay for the name.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I updated the post, it is supposed to be Gio Gonzalez rather than the 2nd Pelfrey.

Also, I have tried to trade Pelfrey and Mauer, but it hasn't been worth the move to this point.

skrip

Members online

Latest posts