Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone come across on ebay or locally any APOH 500 Auto's??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Have not seen any on ebay in a long time. I think a couple months ago a Griffey Sold on the bay for over 1500$ if i remember correctly. Has anyone come across any??? The signed versions are becoming more and more unseen as the years go by. I still wish they made auto'd versions of Thome, Thomas, Manny, Sheff Etc. Does anyone know why they didn't??

Have you seen any lately ????

llll.jpg

kobechromecom

Jun 18, 2010
Mark McGwire was my favorite player for a long long time...I remember in his rookie year getting a 1987 Rated Rookie out of a Donruss 87 Rack Pack, when I was very young, and was hooked since...I had a PSA 10 1985 Topps RC that I paid $1500 for in early in 1998 and sold for $3550 just months later...I saw a BGS 10 on Ebay recently, and I have no clue what to pay as the prices are all over the place...any clue what a BGS 10 Topps McGwire would go for?

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
I had the chance to purchase Willie Mays Auto /24 for $375 at a local card show in 2004. I passed because the Auto had a horrible smudge. I really wish I remembered what number it was. I went to the ATM, got the extra cash came back and pretty much found a reason not to buy because I'm a *****. That would have been my best sale ever, smudge or no smudge. The same guy also had a Dimaggio Cut from one of the first years of Legendary Cuts that he wanted $250 for. Those are cards that just don't pop up at shows around here anymore.

kobechromecom said:
Mark McGwire was my favorite player for a long long time...I remember in his rookie year getting a 1987 Rated Rookie out of a Donruss 87 Rack Pack, when I was very young, and was hooked since...I had a PSA 10 1985 Topps RC that I paid $1500 for in early in 1998 and sold for $3550 just months later...I saw a BGS 10 on Ebay recently, and I have no clue what to pay as the prices are all over the place...any clue what a BGS 10 Topps McGwire would go for?

mac 85 10's go for 450-600

Joshua.Roundtree said:
I had the chance to purchase Willie Mays Auto /24 for $375 at a local card show in 2004. I passed because the Auto had a horrible smudge. I really wish I remembered what number it was. I went to the ATM, got the extra cash came back and pretty much found a reason not to buy because I'm a *****. That would have been my best sale ever, smudge or no smudge. The same guy also had a Dimaggio Cut from one of the first years of Legendary Cuts that he wanted $250 for. Those are cards that just don't pop up at shows around here anymore.

i saw the apoh sosa 21/21 at a show 2 years ago for 1400$ i should have bought, im a idiot, i know there is a sosa collector on here that would have killed for that card

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
I bought this off ebay about a year ago. It isn't serial numbered so it might be a back doored replacement. At first I thought it was an IP auto but the back of the card has the standard UD Auto language. I paid way less then 1400 so I'm happy.

500club.jpg

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
after NYcrules screwed me on the palmeiro i bought for him when he was broke i got lucky and got 500 for it on a BIN.
i paid 4. was happy to say, being as i didnt want it and he had vanished to get out of it.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I've been saving scans of these as they pop up. Used to own the Frank Robinson.

robinsonautofront.jpg
519a_1.jpg
1999APOH500HRClubWillieMaysBatAuto.jpg
840c_1.jpg
aa06_1.jpg
6df5_1.jpg

cubfan131 said:
I bought this off ebay about a year ago. It isn't serial numbered so it might be a back doored replacement. At first I thought it was an IP auto but the back of the card has the standard UD Auto language. I paid way less then 1400 so I'm happy.

500club.jpg

I distinctly remember seeing your card on ebay. thats sweet. How much did you pay for it? i forget what it closed at.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
The Griffey that recently sold went for $3500+ and I had a Palmiero auto that I sold for $750 to someone that was going to try and put the set together..

Now that UD is not making any new baseball cards, can we call this set complete? I know A-Rod and B-Bonds won't be in it due to their exclusive licensing.. (A-Rod with Topps and barry with himself!)..

Any thoughts?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Pinbreaker said:
The Griffey that recently sold went for $3500+ and I had a Palmiero auto that I sold for $750 to someone that was going to try and put the set together..

Now that UD is not making any new baseball cards, can we call this set complete? I know A-Rod and B-Bonds won't be in it due to their exclusive licensing.. (A-Rod with Topps and barry with himself!)..

Any thoughts?
I think sooner or later it will be continued. The licensing, images etc. are too valuable to just be forgotten about. Even if it takes until UD feels there is no hope and they sell out to Topps, one day IMO the set will continue.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
cubfan131 said:

I distinctly remember seeing your card on ebay. thats sweet. How much did you pay for it? i forget what it closed at.

I think I paid around $250.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
brouthercard said:
That Ted Williams 9/9 is sick.

I wonder how much it would sell for today?

More or less than $12,000?
I'd say less, but it's been years since one sold. A pity the sig runs off the card.

According to what I have saved, this one sold on a BO for $4275.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Topnotchsy said:
brouthercard said:

I'd say less, but it's been years since one sold. A pity the sig runs off the card.

Wow, that's significantly less than what it says in the beckett article.

I'm pretty sure it would sell for less as well.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
brouthercard said:
Topnotchsy said:
brouthercard said:

Wow, that's significantly less than what it says in the beckett article.

I'm pretty sure it would sell for less as well.
It sold within the 2-3 few years I believe. The Beckett was from before then. I imagine the card sold more than once.

those signed versions look amazing. Im gonna bring a nice amount of $$ to the national in the event i see one of those bad boys. I will also be sure to take some pictures of the Thomas after i get it signed. He was always a favorite player and for the 93 and 94 season i really followed him and collected his stuff since mac was hurt. Frank Thomas become my temporary player to collect. Im also gonna get the 90 leaf done as well. I love threads about the APOH 500 cards. By far the best looking GU set of all time IMO.

Here is the Frank Thomas I got done this past week at the National. I would have liked it if the auto was a little more in the center. Im gonna get another one done at his next show. He will be appearing with Gary Sheff, so i have to pick up a Sheff card for that show

longohelmet088.jpg

Members online

Latest posts