Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Triple Crown Candidate that is not being mentioned?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
With all the talk about potential Triple Crown winners in the AL, I have not heard much about the fact that Joey Votto leads the NL in batting average and homers, and is 5th (9 back) in RBI. At this point in time he may have the best shot at actually winning the triple crown. I have to admit when he began his Major League career I assumed he'd be Lyle Overbay type with maybe Mark Grace potential, but I've been way wrong.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
I used to like Votto till the all-star game with the incident with Marlon Byrd.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
He's a monster. Almost all of his homers are opposite field bombs. A real hitter. Hope this doesn't linger.

Joey Votto is out of the starting lineup Monday after "tweaking" his wrist on a swing Sunday.
"I don't think it's serious," said Votto. "Hopefully, I'll be back in soon." Reds fans and fantasy owners have the same hope. Miguel Cairo will start at first base in his place.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
sdsportsfan1214 said:
jjj7880 said:

What incident was this?

I think it was something along the lines of him not congratulating Marlon Byrd for his contributions for the NL winning because he was a member of the Cubs. He dislikes the Cubs apparently.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
jjj7880 said:

He and Marlon Byrd have been friends for years and both said there was no malice in what he said.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Lifelongfan said:
jjj7880 said:

He and Marlon Byrd have been friends for years and both said there was no malice in what he said.

Yea, I heard it was taken out of context. He was just talking junk.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Even if they weren't friends, what is the big deal?

God forbid the guy just doesn't like a division rival, right? He said nothing wrong, whether he was or wasn't taken out of context. Those that don't like him because of what he said need to realize sports are competitive, period.

Votto is a beast.

ahodge84

Jun 12, 2010
Lincoln, NE
hail2thevictors said:
Even if they weren't friends, what is the big deal?

God forbid the guy just doesn't like a division rival, right? He said nothing wrong, whether he was or wasn't taken out of context. Those that don't like him because of what he said need to realize sports are competitive, period.

Votto is a beast.

Everything that this guy said. And thanked.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
jjj7880 said:

Years ago he would have been complimented for being old-school.

The Cubs are not his teammates, not even on that day.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
jjj7880 said:

Sometimes I feel like the internet should have a test that you have to pass before being able to get on and state your opinion.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
TGutta said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
jjj7880 said:

What incident was this?

I think it was something along the lines of him not congratulating Marlon Byrd for his contributions for the NL winning because he was a member of the Cubs. He dislikes the Cubs apparently.

A guy doesn't like a member of their arch rival? Weird. Never heard of that. #sarcasm

And yes.....I would bet my life that it was taken out of context.

Members online

Latest posts