Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My trip to the National!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
This is the first time I have ever been to a National. I was there Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Part of Saturday. The first day it was pretty overwhelming looking at all the stuff there. I found that a ton of the Cano's were WAY overpriced. I was able to pick up some base/inserts I needed and found a couple other nice ones.

Went to the Oriole game thursday night, great game! Had seats two rows behind the Oriole's dugout! Would never be able to afford those kind of seats at Yankee stadium. Its literally 20X the price for the same seats. Anyways, Arrietta looked great and O's won on a walk-off.

I saw some great Cano game used pieces at Steiner. They had a couple game used bats that he signed and put inscriptions on. I also stopped by the area with all the great paintings. I am forgetting the guys name that paints them, but I talked to him and his friend for a little. They saw I was a Yankee fan, and they are too, so they gave me a free poster of the painting he did of the Yankees celebrating their title last year. He even signed it, which was pretty nice.

I picked up a case of 07 Bowman Draft Picks from Blowout- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=100513
It was a really fun rip.

Ended up picking up a few nice things-
IMG_NEW.jpg
Ended up getting a pretty good deal on the Lester, imo. Nice looking rookie auto

Scan.jpgThey were not many great deals out there, but really liked this card and hey he is still a Yankees :eek: :)

IMG_0001_NEW-4.jpg
Always wanted this card. Great player and awesome card!

Onto some Cano pickups, which unfortunately was not too much. Bunch of base/inserts I picked up cheap are unscanned
Scan2-2.jpg

Finally, my new favorite card in my collection-

IMG_0002_NEW-2.jpg
:D :D :D Can't beat 3-4-5 in the Yankees lineup

Thanks for looking!!!

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Whats going with those two Red Sox cards in your collection? j/k! Nice pick ups, especially that triple auto. I wanted to go down, would have been my first time there also but got stuck working the weekend. Glad you had a great time.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Thanks for sharing your story man, great pickups as well! I actually sat next to the Cano family at Fenway for a Sox game a few years ago. They were standing in front of me at the ticket window and the guy couldnt figure out what they were asking/who they were saying they were so I translated for them. They seemed like really nice people.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
MallCopKJ- Wow, awesome man! Yeah, I would not expect them to speak much english. Cano has a very heavy accent. I never seen Cano's parents mentioned before/at a Yankee game.

Be8el0ve- In my defense one of them doesn't play for the Red Sox! :?

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I was six rows behind the O's dugout for the Thursday game too. The O's employee standing next to the dugout got my daughter a ball.

Members online

Latest posts