Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My first Natty experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Got there as it opened on Friday, got in for free, my Dad's cousin had two VIP passes for us. Regardless, I loved the show. Stopped by at my friends at SGC to talk some things over, bought a storage box for $2 lol, but I needed it. Then stopped at the FCB booth. An awesome, awesome time there. Shot the **** with them, spoke with all of them, made two shout outs on the UStream.
I may have asked every vintage table if they had any Hank Greenberg. To my surprise I found a lot, but the quality of the vintage was so high that it was out of my price range. But sometimes those who said they didn't, didn't even realize that they had one ::facepalm::
I did end up picking one Greenberg vintage up, it's at SGC currently being graded, I will have it on Friday and will scan it then.
For those who think there were no deals at the national, they are wrong. Some dude was selling surplus Pete Rose auto'd 30x40's for $40.
And a deal that I took advantage of, a massive amount of Willie Mays, Barry Bonds, Harmon Killebrew, Hank Aaron, Willie McCovey auto'd baseballs, for $50 each. The reason for them being so cheap is that they were all stored in a warehouse and the balls themselves got dirty, but some were very acceptable for $50. I picked up a Willie Mays, considering he signed at the show for $300.
I was really happy with the show, shout outs to the fellas at the FCB booth, you guys are awesome, and it was great to meet the minds behind this site.

Thanks for the read.

Brian (and people can start referring to me as Brian here :D)

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Glad you had a good time, and NICE pick up on the auto'd balls!

I wish I could have snagged an Aaron and Mays for my collection, congrats!

Casey

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Oh AND the FCB guys broke a box of Tristar Obak and pulled two Greenberg cards, and had them waiting for me when I stopped by for a second time. :D

zan

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Nice pickups. By the time I saw that table, all of the decent Mays and others were gone. The rest left were not in great shape at all. I did take a Schmidt from that guy though for 25.00. Not a bad deal!

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
birdsfan85 said:
Brian
Did you see the 41 Playball Greenberg autograph that was for sale?
No I did not. Where exactly was it if you can remember? Would have loved to see it, probably out of my price range though..

Brian

Members online

Latest posts