Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Topps Tribute / Stephen Strasburg update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Topps announces there are a total of 500 Stephen Strasburg Autographed Relic cards available for redemption in 2010 Topps Tribute Baseball (250 Autographed Dual Relics & 250 Autographed Single Relics). Both the single and dual Autographed Relic cards feature pieces of game-used base from his historic Major League Debut (as stated on the card’s back) and are sequentially numbered as follows:

Base - 99

Blue Parallel - 75

Black Parallel - 50

Gold Parallel - 25

Red Parallel – 1

Collectors holding redemption cards for either the Autographed Dual Relic or Autographed Single Relic will be randomly sent one of the 5 different rainbow foil cards within the next three weeks.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
cgilmo said:
Topps announces there are a total of 500 Stephen Strasburg Autographed Relic cards available for redemption in 2010 Topps Tribute Baseball (250 Autographed Dual Relics & 250 Autographed Single Relics). Both the single and dual Autographed Relic cards feature pieces of game-used base from his historic Major League Debut (as stated on the card’s back) and are sequentially numbered as follows:

Base - 99

Blue Parallel - 75

Black Parallel - 50

Gold Parallel - 25

Red Parallel – 1

Collectors holding redemption cards for either the Autographed Dual Relic or Autographed Single Relic will be randomly sent one of the 5 different rainbow foil cards within the next three weeks.

This should send prices even higher... with a chance of redeeming the 1/1...

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I see a few problems, first...they tell collectors will be getting the cards in three weeks? Highly unlikely.
Second will random be actually random, or random like the million card giveaway where all the good
cards are at the bottom of the stack and the higher print run ones at the top? You don't need to be
a genius to figure out that topps wouldn't kill sales giving away the 1/1 early on. Will these be sticker autographs?
What they should be doing is taking care of Ginter autographs first.

Thanks for the info!

Kevin

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
nosterbor said:
did not look real good last night. could be a flash in the pan. David Price,there is a guy collectors should be going gaga over.

And yet people were calling David Price a flash in the pan as recently as the start of this season.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
nosterbor said:
did not look real good last night. could be a flash in the pan. David Price,there is a guy collectors should be going gaga over.

His control wasn't there...happens from time to time. Velocity and stuff still were there so I doubt people are worrying, yet.

Tribute Auto Relics are popping at around $300 - [phil:1x7b0s2u]320574139657[/phil:1x7b0s2u]

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Although many may not see it this way which is OK, the 1/1 of this card isn't particularly impressive when compared to cards that have a larger overall print run.

It seems there are 500 Stras cards in this set including all parallels, meaning that the 1/1 is .002 of the print run. By comparison if the print run of all the cards were 5000, there'd be ten "1/1s" and everyone here would say 'meh'.

Not that I'd turn this card away, but it would be interesting to see how people value this particular 1/1, but we can probably say now that whomever winds up with it will advertise it as being as good as any other 1/1 should that person choose to sell it.

schmidtfan20 said:
I see a few problems, first...they tell collectors will be getting the cards in three weeks? Highly unlikely. Second will random be actually random, or random like the million card giveaway where all the good
cards are at the bottom of the stack and the higher print run ones at the top? You don't need to be
a genius to figure out that topps wouldn't kill sales giving away the 1/1 early on. Will these be sticker autographs?

Thanks for the info!

Kevin

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
uniquebaseballcards said:
Although many may not see it this way which is OK, the 1/1 of this card isn't particularly impressive when compared to cards that have a larger overall print run.

It seems there are 500 Stras cards in this set including all parallels, meaning that the 1/1 is .002 of the print run. By comparison if the print run of all the cards were 5000, there'd be ten "1/1s" and everyone here would say 'meh'.

Not that I'd turn this card away, but it would be interesting to see how people value this particular 1/1, but we can probably say now that whomever winds up with it will advertise it as being as good as any other 1/1 should that person choose to sell it.

schmidtfan20 said:
I see a few problems, first...they tell collectors will be getting the cards in three weeks? Highly unlikely. Second will random be actually random, or random like the million card giveaway where all the good

Thanks for the info!

Kevin

It'll fetch a few grand...but not five figures. Not anywhere close.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Crash Davis said:
schmidtfan20 said:
is there a picture of this card yet? Will it be on card or sticker auto?

All Tribute autographs are sticker autos. Why should this be any different?

When dealing with Topps products, rule # 1 is as follows -- "assume nothing".

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
cgilmo said:
nosterbor said:

And yet people were calling David Price a flash in the pan as recently as the start of this season.

THANK YOU CHRIS!

Seriously, people are ridiculous.

EVERY SINGLE PITCHER HAS OFF-NIGHTS.

Let me repeat - EVERY SINGLE PITCHER HAS OFF-NIGHTS.

From Halladay to Sabathia to Lincecum.

Shoot, Lincecum is having a "terrible" season as compared to his last two, and if my short-term memory doesn't fail me, didn't he get rocked recently?

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
Jaypers said:
Crash Davis said:
schmidtfan20 said:
is there a picture of this card yet? Will it be on card or sticker auto?

All Tribute autographs are sticker autos. Why should this be any different?

When dealing with Topps products, rule # 1 is as follows -- "assume nothing".

JP,

While I agree with you, I think that if his card was hard-signed, Topps would've mentioned that in the press release to soften the blow of using a game-used base as the relic, which is bush league if you ask me.

So I would all but guarantee that this card contains a sticker autograph.

I do believe that Triple Threads is on-card. So there's something to look forward to.

Members online

Latest posts