Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Parting is Such Bittersweet Sorrow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The rainbow is no more.

$1500 made me part with it.

Adieu.

Helly_Super_2.jpg

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Congrats on the sale..Moving high end cards always sucks, but it sure is nice to make such a healthy flip.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Superfractor said:
Money talks.

If I can inquire: you doing anything card-wise, with the dough?

Saving for the oncoming storm (i.e -- BC, DEEE, etc).

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Nice sale. If you don't mind me asking what did you buy in on it for? I always thought about buying a super but I never did just due to the high risk. Thats why when I pulled the Machado in my Sig I had to sell it.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
gogosox40 said:
Nice sale. If you don't mind me asking what did you buy in on it for? I always thought about buying a super but I never did just due to the high risk. Thats why when I pulled the Machado in my Sig I had to sell it.

A couple hundred less.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I just hope you didn't move it too soon. I would have held for a couple more starts. That's a tough decision either way though.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jaypers said:
And here I thought you were going to be investing in a seat in the Illinois Senate. Not sure what the going rate these days happens to be, but $1500 would be a start.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Randy Shields said:
I just hope you didn't move it too soon. I would have held for a couple more starts. That's a tough decision either way though.

It was the result of careful consideration, plus a bit of paranoia on my part that Topps will give him his first certified autos sometime soon.

And I still have quite a bit more to move.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Superfractor said:
Jaypers said:
Superfractor said:
Money talks.

If I can inquire: you doing anything card-wise, with the dough?

You bought-in for 1350, right? Will you be listing the rest of the set?

No Rox Auto's in this year's Chrome list, so I'm already set for "the storm".

A bit less than that. Yes, I'm eventually separating the rainbow, piece by piece.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Jaypers said:
Randy Shields said:

It was the result of careful consideration, plus a bit of paranoia on my part that Topps will give him his first certified autos sometime soon.

And here's wishing you well with the rest of them buddy!
It really is nice when an investment actually pays off. :)

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, faith looks up....IMO you made the right decision on that card.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I think you made the right choice to get out now while he is HOT

Staying in longer may have got you more but sometimes getting greedy can bite you in the butt

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Jaypers said:
Randy Shields said:

I have the same fear, have unloaded pretty much all my stuff except for my last 20 ct chrome lot. Probably could have held for a few more starts, but not worth the risk of an announcement that he'll have an auto.

Members online

Latest posts