Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wahoo....first mailday in FOREVER!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I forgot how great these are :cool:

Many thanks for birdsfan85 (Talmer) for the very smooth transaction and the great packaging.

1960 Topps for the set:

topps601.jpg
topps602.jpg
:)

This knocked out a very good amount of my set, still got a tad over 50% to go though!

Also I figured I would share my good news with you all on this thread. Yesterday I got a call from a store I had applied to back in June (they weren't hiring at the time..) and one of their employees got relocated so they are hiring one position. I had my interview yesterday and it went well and I will hear if I got the job within the next few days. I have been out of work since last fall (have had a temporary job in the winter) so it will be nice if I can make some money again. Wish me luck all, and if I do end up getting the job I will buy a couple of boxes to celebrate. :mrgreen:

Thanks for looking,
-Scott

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Great mailday, Scott! Love the look of that set. Good luck on the job, hope you land it, bud!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
it's about time you had a mailday Scott. even if the cards aren't from the first half of the 1900's. good luck with the set and I hope you land the job so you can have more maildays soon.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
moxacaine said:
very sexy mailday and best of luck with the job.
Many thanks Mox....I had a feelin' you would like the set additions. :D

wideright - Thanks Dave! It's a great looking set, my personal favorite from the 60s. Hope the family is doing well!

pghbuccos - Ha, I know Dave..I have been slacking. :oops: If I do get the job though then I will have many more maildays to come (You seem to know me all too well :lol: )

jay1065 - Thanks Jay! Very happy to finally have another mailday :)

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Very nice my friend! That's such a great set.
No get off your butt and send me you want list :)

Congrats on the interview, I'm pulling for ya buddy.
Let us know how it goes!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
rebelpawn said:
Very nice my friend! That's such a great set.
No get off your butt and send me you want list :)

Congrats on the interview, I'm pulling for ya buddy.
Let us know how it goes!
Thanks James! I should know within the next few days
Want list will come within the next couple days, I will not be home for most of today and they still need to go in my binder. Heck, this may be my first set I have ever completed...anyone who knows me knows I will start a set and NEVER end up finishing it ::facepalm:: :lol:

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Very nice scotty! I have plans to pick up some 50s and 60s vintage, but I can't get away from the pre war stuff for now.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
WoundedDuck said:
Very nice scotty! I have plans to pick up some 50s and 60s vintage, but I can't get away from the pre war stuff for now.
I don't blame you AT ALL!! I have so many more pre war cards that I would love to buy but can't really afford right now. My 60' Topps set cures my itch, and the more cards I get for the set the more I want to finish it 100%, which is nice because I have yet to complete a set! :lol: Still need the Speaker to finish this one:

t3sig.jpg

Thanks to everyone else for the comments/well wishes, much appreciated.
-Scott

Members online

Latest posts