Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

King Felix- IBB to Choo to load the bases and face Hafner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Grand Slam. Now hit the showers Felix.

I LOVE when a team walks someone intentionally to load the bases and the next batter hits a grand slam. That must feel incredible, you know?

Nice job, Hafner.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Was Hafner the go-ahead run? I'm all for loading the bases to create a force situation and face a weaker batter if you're not putting the go-ahead or even tying run on base.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
pigskincardboard said:
Was Hafner the go-ahead run? I'm all for loading the bases to create a force situation and face a weaker batter if you're not putting the go-ahead or even tying run on base.

The Tribe was up 2-0 at that point, bottom of the 7th with 2 outs. I get the strategy, but my point is I love when the "weaker" batter hits a grand slam. Jason Nix rubbed a little more salt in the wound with a solo shot off their reliever.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Agree or disagree.

Travis Hafner without steriods is no better than Morgan Ensberg without steriods. Discuss.

I'm obviously biased, but I don't have to be to understand that this is ridiculous. Ensberg's statistical dropoff was much more pronounced than Hafner's has been. In addition, Hafner has never been linked to steroids. Ever. That's not to say he wasn't taking something, but I don't believe it was steroids (and he's denied taking them, for what that's worth).

That said, walking Choo to get to Hafner was the right call. Sadly, Hafner is still just a shell of what he once was.

Members online

Latest posts