Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Negativity and Confrontational on FCB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Can someone please tell me why people are so confrontational and negative on these boards? Someone starts a new topic in the wrong forum, you get stoned to death for it, or better yet there are some who need to say something negative just to be heard.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I think a lot of it is your style of posting.

You tend to be very vague in your threads. You also tend to be argumentative when someone disagrees with you.

If someone presents themselves as an expert, then they probably shouldn't ask simple questions.

You are probably a great guy, but you do not translate to written medium very well. I on the other hand, am a complete ****** in reality, but a pretty ok guy on message boards at times.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
cgilmo said:

You tend to be very vague in your threads. You also tend to be argumentative when someone disagrees with you.

If someone presents themselves as an expert, then they probably shouldn't ask simple questions.

You are probably a great guy, but you do not translate to written medium very well. I on the other hand, am a complete ****** in reality, but a pretty ok guy on message boards at times.

Here we go. Someone critiqueing the style of posting. Do you have a template on how to post? Not argumentantive at all, but there are always people that disagree because they like to, instead of helping or enjoying the hobby as it is.

Never said I was an expert either. I am sure this posting was vague too. Sorry for those who have to nit pick everything on here.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
securedsports said:
cgilmo said:

Here we go. Someone critiqueing the style of posting. Do you have a template on how to post? Not argumentantive at all, but there are always people that disagree because they like to, instead of helping or enjoying the hobby as it is.

Never said I was an expert either. I am sure this posting was vague too. Sorry for those who have to nit pick everything on here.

A 100% perfect example of what was said about your style.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
securedsports said:
cgilmo said:

Hilarious irony.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
I've noticed a more negative trend as well. If it gets out of hand I'll make use of the "foe" (block) list. First rule of fight club is don't piss on someone's prospect. This will avoid a good 50% of the BS.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
phillyfan0417 said:
securedsports said:
cgilmo said:

No kidding. Guy asks a question, someone answers him with a completely honest and legitimate answer, and then has to gripe about an answer he got.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
The answer is super simple. It's because collectors and...well...forum readers in general have egos and want to be right about everything.

You'll take it less personally as time goes on.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I don't see where this topic has anything to do with baseball. Please post under the correct category. :lol: :lol:

You wanna make something of it? :twisted:

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
What I've found is that any time you disagree with someone, it is taken as an argumentative attack rather than an objective opinion.

So by this logic, the board will be a hostile place until 100% of the people agree on 100% of topics.

It's too bad that people have to get defensive about every little post instead of taking it with a grain of salt, noting that just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that they are attacking you.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
If people were more concise, there wouldn't be this problem. Learn English. Say what you mean. The end. You shouldn't have to apologize for being misconstrued or **** like that. Also, smilies are for seven year olds.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
If people were more concise, there wouldn't be this problem. Learn English. Say what you mean. The end. You shouldn't have to apologize for being misconstrued or shat like that. Also, smilies are for seven year olds.

Just like to point out that in written/verbal communications 101, being 'misconstrued' is indeed the fault of the writer/speaker. It's there job to understand the audience and speak/write appropriately to it. However, this is the interenet so...... But it still holds water if your concerned with being understood.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
ThoseBackPages said:
FCB is NICE compared to other boards on the interwebs.

how quickly BMB is forgotten

Very true, every message board will have people who act like pricks or try to stir things up. I find it funny how worked up some people get over what happens on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts