Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mayor: Las Vegas Getting American League Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
Checking in with some news from Vegas...

Mayor Oscar Goodman says the city is very close to getting a MLB franchise. The team would be from the American League and play in a too-be-built domed stadium. This would be interesting. Wonder how serious MLB is about these plans, and who would move.

Las Vegas A's?
Las Vegas Rays?

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Doubt it's a new team as MLB would need to add 2 teams to make scheduling work and I doubt 2 teams would be added in this economic climate.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
matchpenalty said:
UMich92 said:
Doubt it's a new team as MLB would need to add 2 teams to make scheduling work and I doubt 2 teams would be added in this economic climate.

Yep, no chance it would be a new team.

I think they should add a japanese team that plays in two giant home and road trips.

First couple months, they tour america. Then, teams fly over to japan three at a time and play it out for a couple weeks.

I don't think jet-lag would be that bad from the west-coast after a couple days.

That's what I want to see.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
The Rays are still trying very hard to get a new stadium. I highly doubt it's them. The only team that would make sense to me is Oakland as mentioned by others.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I wonder if they will have slot machines in the bathroom stalls at the stadium? They could at least put them in the handicap seats, right along the rail....

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Zithy said:
lisu said:
I am thinking that A's. That would make me sad. :(

I really hope not. The seriously need to move to Sacramento. They'd be supported here.

Raley field was built with expansion in mind. They could draw fans from as far away as Reno, Tahoe, Stockton, Modesto, Merced, etc. It's right on the I-5 Corridor with the I-50 and I-80 intersecting just North and South of the Stadium. Rivercats usually set the MiLB attendance mark or are near the top every season. It could work...

Sac City Council would be kicking themselves for letting the team escape across the River to West Sac :benson:

Tom

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
like this idea. Oakland gets no support up there and they have crap for a stadium.. if they can get a domed or at least retractable roof park in vegas why not? Vegas would support them since there is nothing to do there unless you are 21. the best thing you can do as a family is go see a movie.

Members online

Latest posts