Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I see nothing has changed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito1965

Aug 15, 2008
I posted a ton on Beckett's boards. Not so much here. Took a couple years off and then decided to see what was going on amongst the collector world. Not surprisingly, I see the exact same types of complaints I always saw. I think it is silly to sit on a card that you don't want just because you expect an extra $10. I think it is silly to complain about sellers who do this. I thik it is silly to complain about bidders who "low ball". They are just baseball cards. Wouldn't it be nice if people made a concerted effort to treat others with respect instead of bad attitudes? I know...never gonna happen in the world of the internet. But one can't fault a man for hoping, right?

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
Incognito1965 said:
I posted a ton on Beckett's boards. Not so much here. Took a couple years off and then decided to see what was going on amongst the collector world. Not surprisingly, I see the exact same types of complaints I always saw. I think it is silly to sit on a card that you don't want just because you expect an extra $10. I think it is silly to complain about sellers who do this. I thik it is silly to complain about bidders who "low ball". They are just baseball cards. Wouldn't it be nice if people made a concerted effort to treat others with respect instead of bad attitudes? I know...never gonna happen in the world of the internet. But one can't fault a man for hoping, right?

I know you just came on the boards, but it seems like we have one of these threads like every other day now.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Canocollector#1 said:
Incognito1965 said:

I know you just came on the boards, but it seems like we have one of these threads like every other day now.

+1

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
If everyone agreed about everything. It would be one boring message board. I love the debates and hearing different bashing on subjects.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Since most of the members on beckett migrated here, it is not surprising that those traits followed. That said, the giving of the members and hobby knowledge also followed making this a great site to be on.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
I'm just here for the chicks

good thing since about .11897679952409280190362879238548% of the members are female. ::facepalm::

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
justinmandawg said:
You can always go back to being incognito.

Great post.

With that being said, welcome back. This is a great place to stay informed about the hobby but, like everywhere else, you'll get your idiots. Small price to pay if you ask me, VIVA LA FCB!

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
FCB is light years ahead of BMB. Awesome mods, lax rules, common sense enforcement of rules, etc.

There are ********** and fight on every message board on the internet.

If you don't like it here, leave.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Incognito1965 said:

I think there's a little something for everyone here. Definitely a great knowledge base, but some of the 'rant' threads are okay just for an exchange of ideas or to blow off some steam.

Everyone complains about the 'silly' threads, but it's funny how many of those same posters can be found sounding off within those threads. As long as it doesn't get nasty, it seems fine to me.

I definitely agree that we can do without a bit more respect and a bit less bad attitudes, but all in all, I think this is a very respectful forum with good people. We all occasionally get irritable, but that's okay - we're only human.

In any case, I enjoyed reading your posts on the old BMB (I was a lurker). If you get bored enough, I hope we'll see you around here more.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
JoshHamilton said:
FCB is light years ahead of BMB. Awesome mods, lax rules, common sense enforcement of rules, etc.

There are ********** and fight on every message board on the internet.

If you don't like it here, leave.

That's the wrong attitude in my opinion. If you don't like it here, give it a chance and lead by example. If you still don't like it here after that, then explore other options.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
I have never seen a post by Incognito that wasn't succinct and well-considered. That coming from someone who is typically on the other side of Incognito's political spectrum. Good to hear from you Incognito.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Incognito1965 said:
I posted a ton on Beckett's boards. Not so much here. Took a couple years off and then decided to see what was going on amongst the collector world. Not surprisingly, I see the exact same types of complaints I always saw. I think it is silly to sit on a card that you don't want just because you expect an extra $10. I think it is silly to complain about sellers who do this. I thik it is silly to complain about bidders who "low ball". They are just baseball cards. [/u/ Wouldn't it be nice if people made a concerted effort to treat others with respect instead of bad attitudes? I know...never gonna happen in the world of the internet. But one can't fault a man for hoping, right?

I hear you. The hobby is different when money is involved, I suppose its why people who don't sell generally tend to see the hobby a little differently than those who do.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
If you seek the negative, you'll always find it.

Damn, someone should make a bumper sticker out of that.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Just a suggestion, but if you think someone's out of line, specifically or across a bunch of posts, try sending a polite PM. Doesn't risk putting them on the defensive (or trying to make a joke to gloss over your post) by making a post on it. Not sure how effective it is, although I do it from time to time, and it certainly can't do anything to hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts