Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Out of these receivers who do you start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
I unfortunately got stuck with Sydney Rice this year.
I need a third wide receiver. I have these guys on my bench:
Hakeem Nicks
Mario Manningham
Devin Hester
Devery Henderson
or Jerricho Cotchery who I know I won't start
I'm leaning towards Nicks, but I haven't decided for sure. I think Devin Hester may not be an immediate fantasy star, but if Cutler can learn how to throw a football, he could be a HUGE help to my team.

Also, at TE, Kellen Winslow or Jason Witten?

And at RB: Justin Forsett or Darren Sproles? And if I could acquire Ahmad Bradshaw (was gonna acquire him because I really think he'll take over by week 6 as starting RB), should I start him over one of those two? I could also start another WR instead.

Thanks in advance for the help.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
start Forsett at RB over Sproles based on the fact that I believe Forsett will be the starter in Seattle, while Sproles will be mainly a 3rd down back for San Diego. As for the WR, either Nicks or Devery Henderson. Both of these should get plenty of chances, as both of their teams throw the ball around quite a bit.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
trademhigh said:
I unfortunately got stuck with Sydney Rice this year.
I need a third wide receiver. I have these guys on my bench:
Hakeem Nicks
Mario Manningham
Devin Hester
Devery Henderson
or Jerricho Cotchery who I know I won't start
I'm leaning towards Nicks, but I haven't decided for sure. I think Devin Hester may not be an immediate fantasy star, but if Cutler can learn how to throw a football, he could be a HUGE help to my team.

Also, at TE, Kellen Winslow or Jason Witten?

And at RB: Justin Forsett or Darren Sproles? And if I could acquire Ahmad Bradshaw (was gonna acquire him because I really think he'll take over by week 6 as starting RB), should I start him over one of those two? I could also start another WR instead.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Nicks... potentially henderson if the Saints have a hot start
Witten
Forsett but pick up Bradshaw if you can. Sproles will be splitting carries with a hot rookie

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
If I could get Ahmad Bradshaw for Darren Sproles straight up, I should, right?

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
trademhigh said:
If I could get Ahmad Bradshaw for Darren Sproles straight up, I should, right?

Most definately. Sproles is a handcuff guy while, by all indications, Bradshaw is going to be the primary back in NY. Jacobs has seen his stock fall.

I'd go with Henderson as most fantasy analysts seem to think that Colston is no longer the hot target in NO. Nicks is a close second. At TE I'd go with Witten as I much prefer the arm of Romo over Sanchez.

JimmyD

Jun 30, 2010
Surrey, BC, Canada Eh!
if these are your main options, im sorry but it isnt going to matter, its gonna be a tough road ..... look for some free agent sleepers like Mike Williams in Tampa or Mike Wallace in Pittsburgh, Gaffney in denver or Laurent Robinson in St louis.

Id hang onto Sproles as Mathews did get injured in college and i read he is injury prone, im not a college guy so i cannot confirm this, Sproles will get 10 touches a game between running and receiving. Bradshaw will split carries but Jacobs tends to get the goal line touches. Leon Washington might start in Seattle over Forsett, stay tuned. be ready on the waiver wire for injuries... save your waiver priority for an injury replacement at RB.

best of luck!

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
JimmyD said:
if these are your main options, im sorry but it isnt going to matter, its gonna be a tough road ..... look for some free agent sleepers like Mike Williams in Tampa or Mike Wallace in Pittsburgh, Gaffney in denver or Laurent Robinson in St louis.

Id hang onto Sproles as Mathews did get injured in college and i read he is injury prone, im not a college guy so i cannot confirm this, Sproles will get 10 touches a game between running and receiving. Bradshaw will split carries but Jacobs tends to get the goal line touches. Leon Washington might start in Seattle over Forsett, stay tuned. be ready on the waiver wire for injuries... save your waiver priority for an injury replacement at RB.

best of luck!
Thanks for the advice everyone. Why do you think it will be a tough road? Maybe I'm bad at fantasy, but I thought my team was decent.
My starting line up for Wk 1 looks like it will be:
Peyton Manning
Adrian Peterson
Beanie Wells
Ahmad Bradshaw
Brandon Marshall
Devery Henderson
Jason Witten
Cowbys D/ST
Robbie Gould

Also, I know for a fact Gaffney is available, but is he a more valuable bench player than some of the guys I listed?

JimmyD

Jun 30, 2010
Surrey, BC, Canada Eh!
gaffney is sitting at # 1 in Denver right now.... they gotta throw to someone... Roll with who you think, no one is right or wrong until the games get played, injuries can change a guys outlook from one week to the next.

Your team isn't that bad, you didn't mention half your team at first... your better off then first thought.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
trademhigh said:
JimmyD said:

best of luck!
Thanks for the advice everyone. Why do you think it will be a tough road? Maybe I'm bad at fantasy, but I thought my team was decent.
My starting line up for Wk 1 looks like it will be:
Peyton Manning
Adrian Peterson
Beanie Wells
Ahmad Bradshaw
Brandon Marshall
Devery Henderson
Jason Witten
Cowbys D/ST
Robbie Gould

Also, I know for a fact Gaffney is available, but is he a more valuable bench player than some of the guys I listed?

Youre team is solid. You're WR might have some questions but everything else looks great. Marshall can go off in Miami, but then it is a new team for him. Henderson will get looks in NO.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
JimmyD said:
gaffney is sitting at # 1 in Denver right now.... they gotta throw to someone... Roll with who you think, no one is right or wrong until the games get played, injuries can change a guys outlook from one week to the next.

Your team isn't that bad, you didn't mention half your team at first... your better off then first thought.
Some guy was desperate for a QB (he's the dumb one in our league), so he traded me Dallas Clark for Matt Ryan lmao. So now I'm going to try and trade Jason Witten for trade bait and have Kellen Winslow as my backup TE. Should I do that? Or just drop Winslow and keep Witten as backup but not be able to add a good receiver?

JimmyD

Jun 30, 2010
Surrey, BC, Canada Eh!
I think winslow will do well this year, if you can hang onto him until his stock rises then try to trade him.

WITTEN should get you a decent middle of the road receiver, and his stock is high....

I usually only run with one tight end as you truly only need your back up for one week in the season... so if you have three, trade one now, then Clark has a bye in week 4, so week 5 would be a good trade week your back up unless you worry about Clark getting injured.

Members online

Latest posts