Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Justin Morneau Moved to the 60 day DL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coachman35

Mar 31, 2010
Boston, Ma
Twins transferred 1B Justin Morneau from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.

It's strictly a paper move to make room on the 40-man roster for Friday's starter Matt Fox. Morneau remains eligible to return from the disabled list if or when he is well enough to play.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
EDIT: I guess it won't be Jacque Jones. Since they burned through 2 additional starters last night (Duensing and Blackburn) they needed a starter for tonight.

While he isn't near returning, I think there is still a chance he plays this year. I believe it is a procedural move and he would be eligible to come off the 60-day DL next week. By moving him to the 60-day, it allows the Twins add a player to the 40-man roster as players on the 60-day DL don't count on the 40-man roster. With Kubel getting hit and Thome still hurting, my guess would be this allows the Twins add Jacque Jones without removing anyone from the 40-man.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Coachman35 said:
Twins transferred 1B Justin Morneau from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.

It's strictly a paper move to make room on the 40-man roster for Friday's starter Matt Fox. Morneau remains eligible to return from the disabled list if or when he is well enough to play.

Thanks for the information.....I am trying to determine if I should keep him on my fantasy roster. I have the playoffs starting next week, but I haven't heard any positive news about him returning.

skrip

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Coachman35 said:
I got him on one of my teams also, I have a dl spot on that team so I gotta keep him. I have no idea when he is coming back though.

Its tough because I have furcal on the dl also with only one DL spot and I would really like to have some flexibility on my roster in the playoffs.

skrip

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I wouldn't be surprised if he is done for the year, but I think he's still eligible to come back soon, since he's "served" 47 of the 60 days already. Keeps him availble for the playoffs, but this has been one serious concussion. Don't know if he could be activated and just DH. Would that be a smart move?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts