Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Guy at the Oakland A's game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Seiya said:
He dived at a Home Run ball and missed it by a mile and fell on some cement, had a glove and everything.

Then he got up, reached way under fence, got it again, then dropped it back under when he got up. :lol: Classic.

Nothing on YT yet, but it'll make the highlites in the morning.

And as an A's sympathesizer, I just want to point out that he was the only guy in that HR section and had tons of time to do that. :oops:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
muskiesfan said:
Wow, that had to hurt. At least he did get the ball.

Yeah, the cameraman gave it to him, and he dropped it.

Then he had to hang through the fence to get it.

:lol:

bmc398

May 25, 2009
What a creeper. Love it that he got the ball and then sketched off into the night. So weird.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
vwnut13 said:
muskiesfan said:
Wow, that had to hurt. At least he did get the ball.

Yeah, the cameraman gave it to him, and he dropped it.

Then he had to hang through the fence to get it.

:lol:

I thought the best part was him running out at the end...

It would have been a sweet snag if he could have held onto it! The landing still would have been painful to behold, but... at least it would have been a little less embarrassing!

And as it was, it was still probably less embarrassing than this...

holliday2.jpg

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
That same guy made ESPN Baseball Tonight Web Gems twice. Once on a Barry Bonds HR during his record breaking season and another time against the Rays earlier this season when he layed out diving over four people seated in their seats to nab one on the fly. Guy had to have face planted into the cement, but made the catch. So I'm sure by now he's used to doing just about anything for a HR ball.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Hilarious what people will do for a $10 baseball.

That was used in a Major League Baseball game and hit for a home run.

Hilarious what people will do for something of sentimental value (and yes, I know, many people get the balls and then sell them).

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Anthony K. said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":lp799pnr]Hilarious what people will do for a $10 baseball.

That was used in a Major League Baseball game and hit for a home run.

Hilarious what people will do for something of sentimental value (and yes, I know, many people get the balls and then sell them).[/quote:lp799pnr]

It's the same with t-shirts that cheerleaders throw out at basketball games. People jumping all over seats and fighting for them when all it comes down to is that it's a $5-$10 shirt. Sure it's cool to catch such a thing, or a foul ball/homerun, but diving like that guy did? He could have broken his neck pulling a stunt like that.

Members online

Latest posts