Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Common Ebay buyer scams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm dealing with a potential situation with a buyer. Nothing has happened yet but he, after being very pleasant, has turned... weird. I've received some strange messages and he is suggesting I tampered with his item. This is after having the item for a long while, leaving +FB, sending many nice messages etc.

It's really odd.

Anyone else able to share?

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Some problems I've encountered...(not all are necessarily scams)

Item not rec'd

I overgraded

PSA graded wax pack had a rip a shown in pic/description/reflected by PSa garde. Wanted partial refund.

Poor communucation- I shipped, marked shipped etc, they never emailed? Did they want a late nite call? Wanted "compensation".

Slow shipping - Mailed next day, USPS took 3 days. Wanted a partial shipping refund.

Collation was off on 1989 Fleer racks. I didn't pull any racks from the boxes.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Ugh, I just can't believe it.

I'm purposefully vague here on mine. I really can't believe what is happening :?

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
How long has it been. Was it a card of a once hot palyer who has colled off since?

theplasticman said:
I'm dealing with a potential situation with a buyer. Nothing has happened yet but he, after being very pleasant, has turned... weird. I've received some strange messages and he is suggesting I tampered with his item. This is after having the item for a long while, leaving +FB, sending many nice messages etc.

It's really odd.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Huffamaniac said:
How long has it been. Was it a card of a once hot palyer who has colled off since?

theplasticman said:

It's really odd.

It's been over two weeks, feedback was left already (on both sides). I called Ebay to ask what I do and they say I am covered no matter what. His claim is really far fetched and I think it has to do with him not entirely understanding what he bought (it was for his kid apparently).

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i have had more issues with buyers in the last 4 months then i had in the previous 4 years.
I honestly think more people are just catching on to the paypal buyer protection crap,
and using it anytime they are not 200% satisfied. It is getting really silly.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
boomo said:
i have had more issues with buyers in the last 4 months then i had in the previous 4 years.
I honestly think more people are just catching on to the paypal buyer protection crap,
and using it anytime they are not 200% satisfied. It is getting really silly.
ditto. before, a buyer may email something like 'card has a tiny dinged corner- no big deal, just wanted to let you know.' now, emails start w/'i'm unhappy b/c ____ + want a partial refund. if i don't get it, i'll neg you'

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I am curious to know how many people have accepted a return from a buyer and they switched out the card? I know I see people talk about it but am curious to know if it's happened to anyone here.

Members online

Latest posts