Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fantasy: Who to Keep...

Who to keep...

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marterburn

My fantasy keeper league team sucked this year. I didn't even have any injuries. I just hitched one of my five keeper-horses to Matt Wieters and my first two draft pick horses to Derrek Lee and Aaron Hill and watched the wagon go careening down the hill.

Anyhow, my team is a wasteland of fantasy mediocrity. I'm a pretty knowledgeable fantasy guy, so I'm not really asking what to do, just what ya'll think, because you're all fantastic people :grouphug:

I have five keepers. I'm keeping Josh Johnson, Ryan Zimmerman, and Jason Heyward. So leaves two spots to chose from the list in the poll. My league's settings are what you might call "standard deluxe", with added categories of 2B, 3B, & OPS for hitters and K/9, CG, & HR allowed for pitchers.

Thanks for the input guys!

(Note: I have only had Ellsbury for a few weeks. I grabbed him as a potential keeper, not to use this year)

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
I voted for Kemp and Garcia. Kemp has power, steals bases and usually hits for a decent average. I expect him to bounce back big next year. My other vote was reluctantly for Garcia. I expect the league to catch up to him a bit next year and his WHIP scares me but he's young, plays for a good team and pitches in the NL. I like Stanton's power and he will take a walk but he doesn't steal bases and he has never hit for a high average.

Note. Before anybody starts whining to me about how great Stanton is, realize we are talking FANTASY baseball.

marterburn

I'll make arguments for everyone:

Jaimie Garcia -- Lowest ERA on my roster, but will he hit the soph slump, or get better?
Mike Stanton -- Huge power potential, but the floor (i'm looking at you Carlos Pena) is lower than anyone else on the list. OF is very deep, plus I already have Heyward
Francisco Liriano -- Good pitcher with a great K rate
Matt Kemp -- Mancrush. Power/Speed will be a given, city he'll play in and BA is not. OF is very deep, plus I already have Heyward.
Jacoby Ellsbury -- Going into the season was a top 25 fantasy player. If fully recovered in ST, why isn't he still?
Martin Prado -- WAY more valueable than the next best 2B, and everyone above him will be KEPT. But will production continue?
Aubrey Huff -- Best player on my roster THIS year, but 1B is deep and there will be many available.

NOTES:

A wasteland of fantasy mediocrity wouuldn't really be such a horrible place, would it? It's just not great either.
Pablo Sandoval was also one of my keepers. He was traded in July. Panda/J-Upton for Zim/B. Myers. I should trade more often.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Mike Stanton could legitimately hit more homeruns than any player in Major League Baseball over the next five years.

Kemp would be my 2nd pick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts