Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If Philly fans want Werth back, it just got more difficult..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Lancemountain said:
Good for him. I wish him the best of luck getting paid a lot of money that isn't the Phillies :cool:

you don't think the phillies will even try?

i think they should. there is no reason they can't stick D. Brown or Werth in LF....Ibanez will be playing his last year in Philly next year and I guarantee he will be traded midway if he's having a year like 2008.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
markakis8 said:
Lancemountain said:
Good for him. I wish him the best of luck getting paid a lot of money that isn't the Phillies :cool:

you don't think the phillies will even try?

i think they should. there is no reason they can't stick D. Brown or Werth in LF....Ibanez will be playing his last year in Philly next year and I guarantee he will be traded midway if he's having a year like 2008.

Werth is gone. Dom Brown will be the starter. This is a foregone conclusion. As of September 19th Werth was batting .158 with runners in scoring position, and an ever worse .107 with runners in scoring position and two outs. While those stats alone don't make him awful, they certainly aren't pretty. I'll be glad to have the 1st rd pick and 1st rd supplemental pick.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I read somewhere that people think Werth is slacking on hitting and fielding just to make
a point to the Phillies. I shudder at the thought, but it would be nice to send him off just
like we did with Pat Burrell.....with a ring.

Kevin

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Thanks for the solid years, Jason. Best of luck elsewhere, next season.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Wasn't there a rumor earlier this season that Werth was messing around with Utley's wife? If it is true, that would be reason alone to let him go. Especially with Brown waiting.

Members online

Latest posts