Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cruisin' the marketplace and a whale jumped in my cart...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
So I was bored a few days ago so I thought I would just browse the Beckett Marketplace. While going thru the Ozzie's like I normally do I thought I was seeing something when I saw this listed. I don't think I've ever hit the buy button so fast.

This card is incredibly rare and is on most player collectors wantlists. It is not the same as the east coast national cards of the same year which are rare in their own right. To say I am happy is an understatement.

I have seen exactly one of these in the last 10 years and it was in a PSA 6 holder for $100… this one cost me $10.

The 1992 Stadium Club National Convention.

sc.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Whoo! GREAT pick up! Always a great feeling to find a hidden gem you've chased for years

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Congrats! Must have felt great finding that and hitting "checkout "as quickly as possible.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
The SCD Annual lists 200 of each card were made (as opposed to 1,100 of each from the East Coast National). There are 100 from the Stadium Club's Third Series for each National set--no repeats. Ozzie, Gwynn and Gary Carter are the only HOFers (and non-commons) in that set. Great pick up for a ten spot!

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks, guys. This is one of those cards you hate to have on your checklist. Over the years there have been several "events" that have taken normal cards and embossed or altered the card in some way. For the most part I have stayed away from them but this is a different story; it is kind of the grandfather of this process and has always been on the checklists. Out of the 200 or so that were passed out at the National many of them went to kids who destroyed or pitched them so this has added to the rarity.

BTW, the guy has more. I think I saw an Eric Davis and I know there is/was an Eric Davis collector or the boards. The seller doesn't really know what he has I don't think.

I appreciate the comments; this truly was the situation that player collectors dream of, that one card they really don't think they'll ever see or afford and then picking it up for next to nothing (I'd have paid 10 x this)..sweet.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Mozzie22 said:
Thanks, guys. This is one of those cards you hate to have on your checklist. Over the years there have been several "events" that have taken normal cards and embossed or altered the card in some way. For the most part I have stayed away from them but this is a different story; it is kind of the grandfather of this process and has always been on the checklists. Out of the 200 or so that were passed out at the National many of them went to kids who destroyed or pitched them so this has added to the rarity.

BTW, the guy has more. I think I saw an Eric Davis and I know there is/was an Eric Davis collector or the boards. The seller doesn't really know what he has I don't think.

I appreciate the comments; this truly was the situation that player collectors dream of, that one card they really don't think they'll ever see or afford and then picking it up for next to nothing (I'd have paid 10 x this)..sweet.
ee10....I would shoot him a pm!

Great addition, by the way! :)

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Mozzie22 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
incredible pick up!

Thanks. I was nervous it was too good to be true but it showed up yesterday. :D

yea, thats the only downside with online buying...the WAIT! lol

and then you have to fight the urge to "talk about it" until it shows up in the mail

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Mozzie22 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
incredible pick up!

Thanks. I was nervous it was too good to be true but it showed up yesterday. :D

yea, thats the only downside with online buying...the WAIT! lol

and then you have to fight the urge to "talk about it" until it shows up in the mail

Ain't that the truth. I almost started a thread about "1992 Stadium Club National Convention cards" as soon as I hit the checkout. :lol:

I normally have a hard time waiting for maildays but when you're not sure someone posted a rare card correctly (no picture) it is even more difficult.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Great find! I had no idea these were so rare.

I usually check the Marketplace monthly, most of the time there is nothing new but last month I found a 1999 Fleer Brilliants 24-Karat Gold #/24 listed wrongly under Gold #/99 and was able to purchase it for a great price.

Latest posts