Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question Regarding Chargebacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
I have never had to do one, but was curious. If I pay via Paypal, and choose to pay all of the amount for the eBay item on my Debit Card, can a chargeback still be done? I wasn't sure if it was just for credit cards or also includes Debit Cards. Also, if lets say I needed to do a chargeback, I would just call the bank and tell them to reverse it, any specific things you would need to say regarding the deal?

Thanks
Tom

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
If it is for an ebay purchase just start a not as described claim via paypal, paypal will do all the work for you and you will get your money back once you prove you sent the item back with delivery confirmation. If you use paypal for purchases not on ebay they are useless. I recently used paypal for a purchase from an online store (not ebay) and got scammed via bait and switch. All paypal did was make sure the item was delivered but didn't care that what I bought was different from what I received.

Basically paypal will protect on ebay and only ebay.

Members online

Latest posts