Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stich holes or text?

Stich holes or Text?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Which do you think would be more popular on a game used card featuring a game used baseball; stitch holes, or part of the text / label of the ball? I have 2 of the 2001 Absolute Memoribilia Albert Pujols "Ball Hoggs" cards, one single color that has part of the stich holes, and one with part of the label / printing on the ball. I'm debating listing one, but am not sure which (if either) would be more popular, and wanted to see what you guys thought.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I have seen plenty of the gu ball cards with print. I own several like this of Bagwell. IMO...I think the stitching would be a little rarer. It would certainly look cooler.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I prefer seeing the print. Stitching is the same all over the ball, but every swatch of print is different.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
mrwhitesox30 said:
I prefer seeing the print. Stitching is the same all over the ball, but every swatch of print is different.

Exactly what I was coming in here to say. Print is way more unique in my opinion.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'd have to go with the print as well. Plus I think the original post said that the other card had just stitch holes, and presumably not the actual stitching, making it far less desirable in my opinion.

- R.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
The Text will sell better so I believe it will be more popular. The stitching holes are cool but the text will do better. Good luck!

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
How about making a poll with this thread? Post the scans of both cards and then you will get real results. Some that say the print is nicer might think otherwise after seeing. The Stitching on yours may have more wear and look cooler than the print. We don't know if there is alot of print, one small letter, one small stitch or multiple stitch pattern. I guess what I am saying is post a scan of both then we can decide.

~AJ

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
I'll go with the stitches. Personal preference on appearance. Both are cool, but stitches from a ball give color and texture.

Maybe I am reading this wrong (and would change my "print" vote) but thought it's just the "stitch hole". Cause I agree having the stitching would def. be cool and be my choice, but I take the print over just a hole.

Haven't seen it in baseball, so maybe it's different, but personally and from other auctions I've seen, the Absolute RPA's in f-ball and b-ball with printing on the ball are better looking and usually get a bit more money than a plain ball swatch, or a plain ball swatch with the lace hole.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
rymflaherty said:
Haven't seen it in baseball, so maybe it's different, but personally and from other auctions I've seen, the Absolute RPA's in f-ball and b-ball with printing on the ball are better looking and usually get a bit more money than a plain ball swatch, or a plain ball swatch with the lace hole.

I got an RPM of Pat White with the part of Rodger Goodell's sig.

Members online

Latest posts