Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card Shops in the Twin Cities area ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
This upcoming weekend I'll be down for a few days, staying in White Bear Lake w/my brother.

Is there any shops down in the area anymore, since Shinder's went **** up ? I wanna say I've heard of Beyond Shinder's being near the Maplewood Mall, but that'd be it.

Thanks in advance :p

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Saw on signingshotline.com there is big show down in bloomington area, Valley West mall this weekeknd. Dougie baseball is signing and bunch old school Vikes.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Yes. Go to Three Stars Sports Cards in Roseville. If you're staying in WBL, just get on 36W, and exit north on Hamline. Dan, the owner, is a great guy, and they have a nice selection of both singles and wax there. Hands down, the best card shop in the Twin Cities.

There is also Uncommon Sports Cards in Richfield. Not as great a selection of either wax or singles, and not as close to WBL, either, but the people that work there are nice enough.

Avoid Tom Frantzen's in Mounds View - he grossly overprices his stuff and seems almost out of touch with the hobby.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I too agree that Three Stars is a decent shop with good guys running it. Lots of singles and a good selection of wax.

Uncommon Sports Cards in Richfield isn't quite as good with either selection of wax or singles. Good story from a trip to their store. I picked up a few packs and chatted with the guys while a couple 10-11 year olds "splurged" for a pack of football cards, Contenders I think. Out of the 2 packs, one of the kids pulled a Josh Freeman auto but didn't know who he was. The guys at the store let the kids know what a great pull it was telling them he was a Tampa Bay QB and made sure to give them a penny sleeve and toploader to protect their new treasure.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'll probably hit up the show on Saturday. Does anyone have any more info on it ?

And I'll check out Three Stars, since I know that area fairly well.

Thanks for the info :p

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I've been to the Valley West mall show a few times. It's a typical small mall show with maybe 20-25 dealers give or take with a few having vintage and sometimes a few with chrome etc. As you'd expect there is a good selection of Twins and Vikings cards and oddball stuff.

I'm thinking I'll be there on Sunday to get autographs from Charlie Sanders and Lem Barney as I'm a diehard Lions fan.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
UMich92 said:
I've been to the Valley West mall show a few times. It's a typical small mall show with maybe 20-25 dealers give or take with a few having vintage and sometimes a few with chrome etc. As you'd expect there is a good selection of Twins and Vikings cards and oddball stuff.

I'm thinking I'll be there on Sunday to get autographs from Charlie Sanders and Lem Barney as I'm a diehard Lions fan.

Is there a page to look at to see what pricing is ? And the guests / hours of the show ?

Latest posts