Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone here ever spend over $10,000 on a single card before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Just wondering.

For those who can critique a huge sale, have you ever done it yourself?

Could you ever see yourself doing it, even if you have the money to do it?

Do you do it all the time? (If so, do you need some help? :lol: )

Would you care to share what you purchased? (understandable if you don't want to)

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
$2500 is my highest, with a bunch over $1000. I probably would pay 5 figures, but only on a select few cards; Mantle RC for example.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Never would.

I like collectors' grade vintage and I don't collect prospects, so no need to ever consider it.

I would consider it on certain full pieces of game used memorabilia.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I don't think I could justify a purchase that large even if I had the funds to do it.If we are talking hitting the lotto money then hell yeah I would.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I would only buy or pay that much for a card if I had a buyer for it. I would never buy a card for that much for my PC. There are several $10 and under cards that would mean much more.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
miguelcabrera said:
how about 100k?

10k is small peanuts to a lot of guys, especially looking at those mastronet results over the years. I mean, $300,000 for a single card?

This question is better asked to those on Network54.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Most expensive Zimm would probably be his rookie Super. Probably (I would hope) wouldn't hit 10k. But if it went to 2k, 3k, or more, and I had the money available, I would definitely go for it.

For the record, my current high on a single card is $400.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I think the only way I could bring myself to spend that much on a single card would be if I had a really well paying job and no big financial obligations. Or I hit the lottery, but I don't play the lottery, so that won't happen.

The most I've ever spent on a single card I think is ~$100.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
TBTwinsFan said:
I am fortunate... Perks junk will never ever be worth that much... so I will never have the need to/

As much as your into the guy, i don't think its healthy to think you are never going to buy something nice of another player.
Edit - most spent 1930 or so, most sold 3000 from a pack pulled card.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
IF I had the money to spend on 1 card.....I wouldnt buy a prospect card for sure... Id go with something vintage that wont lose half its value 3 months. Or maybe a star players graded card..like a Peyton Manning graded Contenders if it was 10K.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
P_Manning 18 said:
IF I had the money to spend on 1 card.....I wouldnt buy a prospect card for sure... Id go with something vintage that wont lose half its value 3 months. Or maybe a star players graded card..like a Peyton Manning graded Contenders if it was 10K.

So all prospect cards lose half their value once they've been out a few months? If anything they are the ONLY cards in the hobby that gain in popularity after release instead of tank. Anybody who stashed cases of 2008 BCDP in their closet would beg to differ.

jeff152380

Feb 23, 2010
Vermont
I bought this for 5500... then sold if for 8500.... now its prob gone through many hands, but its the lebron exquisite advertised in razor rookie retro

cccccc009.jpg

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I've pulled at least 5 cards worth $1000+, but the most I've ever spent on a single card is $300.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":cb758ngs]IF I had the money to spend on 1 card.....I wouldnt buy a prospect card for sure... Id go with something vintage that wont lose half its value 3 months. Or maybe a star players graded card..like a Peyton Manning graded Contenders if it was 10K.

So all prospect cards lose half their value once they've been out a few months? If anything they are the ONLY cards in the hobby that gain in popularity after release instead of tank. Anybody who stashed cases of 2008 BCDP in their closet would beg to differ.[/quote:cb758ngs]

Did I say all? The Strasburg and Harper Supers both sold for over $10K... do you think both of those would sell for the same price again? The Strasburg still might sell for over $10K... but it wont touch $20K again... and I highly doubt the Harper would touch 10K again. Now... if I buy a Mantle for $10K+ or a Ruth for $10K+... will those drop in price in the future or likely gain more value?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I've spent $1000.01 on a card before. I had no intention to keep it and later sold it for $1800.

The most I've spent on a "PC" card is $371, although I'd happily move it if I were able to turn a big profit...as that was the intent when buying it: If I can make a nice flip, I will...but if not I'm happy to keep it as a PC card.

tennisprobry

Aug 7, 2008
Charlotte
I've had a bunch of wax orders that were over $10K. I just paid my deposit on a $12K bowman draft pre-order. I have a PSA8 Hank Aaron rc that I paid $3500 for but that is the most expensive single card. I did purchase 7 Felix Hernandez gold refractors for $5,000. So that is the most I've paid for the same card.

Latest posts