Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Busted some draft but owner wouldn't let me pick the packs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeed10

Aug 10, 2008
I stopped at card shop this morning to cure the itch of busting some draft. There was a box with 5 packs. I told the owner I wanted 7 packs. He opened another and gave me the top two plus the 5 from the other box. I was a little disappointed I didn't get to pick my own. But anyways... I pulled a Josh Reddick auto and Porcello base, nothing else worth noting. Is Reddick worth moving now or hold? I know he's a decent prospect so I think I'll hold it.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
so you are mad at the store owner for not letting you pick the packs? i don't blame him..any GOOD shop owner will not let you pick the packs. nice pulls though..Keep the Reddick until ST

Joeed10

Aug 10, 2008
Nah not mad at him I just usually when I pick packs have a certain order of pick out of a box, not feeling the packs but I go a certain number of packs down and all. I'm glad he picked though cause I am sure I would have got nothing.

I knew a shop owner who shuffled the packs in evry box he opened. Didn't matter the product just shuffled all the packs. I liked it because you would get the guys who would come in once a month who would know where the "hits" were in the box and try to clean up.

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
I knew a shop owner who shuffled the packs in evry box he opened. Didn't matter the product just shuffled all the packs. I liked it because you would get the guys who would come in once a month who would know where the "hits" were in the box and try to clean up.

I have never had the hits consistently in one place from box to box. Maybe back in the day when I was on a collecting freeze. Smart owner though

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I used to visit a card shop where the owner always assumed you were searching packs from a box....he is out
of business now.

Card shop owners who pull this in todays economy are not very smart.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
Autismic said:
so you are mad at the store owner for not letting you pick the packs? i don't blame him..any GOOD shop owner will not let you pick the packs. nice pulls though..Keep the Reddick until ST

In the probably 15-20 different shops I have been to in my time of collecting, I have never had an owner not let me pick my own packs out.

Members online

Latest posts