Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

30 for 30: Four Days in October

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Did anyone catch this tonight? I thought it was great despite those two douchers giving commentary in the Boston bar. I like the Yankees (Mattingly was one of my favorite players ever) and I don't like the Red Sox. I will say though that Shillings game 6 bloody sock game was epic and legendary and he pitched on pure balls that night.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I DVR'ed it and am going to start watching it in a few minutes. I have a feeling it may eclipse my favorite 30-for-30 film "June 17, 1994".

Can't wait for Fernando Mania on October 26th! A great way for ESPN 30-in-30 to bookend the month of October with 2 good baseball films.

wem1472

May 22, 2010
I caught it... got chills about 20 times while watching it and then fell asleep at 12:30 with a grin from ear to ear. Epic series - Best ever perhaps.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
wem1472 said:
I caught it... got chills about 20 times while watching it and then fell asleep at 12:30 with a grin from ear to ear. Epic series - Best ever perhaps.

As Felger would say. Red Sox **** at it's best for it's fans.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I liked it, only problem I had was that I was trying to watch with my 5 year old boys and some of the language was excessive. I am sure that I am making more out of it than is necessary, but it could've been done alot better... especially if they didn't show the people who had a case of beer in them before someone stuck a camera in thier face.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
Did anyone catch this tonight? I thought it was great despite those two douchers giving commentary in the Boston bar. I like the Yankees (Mattingly was one of my favorite players ever) and I don't like the Red Sox. I will say though that Shillings game 6 bloody sock game was epic and legendary and he pitched on pure balls that night.
Watched it with my GF, who is from Philly and didn't follow the Sox at all back then. She said "No way!" about 25 times throughout the course of the show.
Watching all that stuff over again...if it were a movie, it would be ridiculous and unrealistic because you would never believed all that happened. Filmmakers did a great job, definitely gave me chills thinking back to that time, and made me miss home, since I don't live there anymore.
Also, the two douchers in the bar, Bill Simmons and Lenny Clarke, were fitting because they are as Boston as you can get.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
bigpapiMA32 said:
Link to watch it online somewhere? Thanks.

It might be on ESPN Classic. I see a boatload of 30-for-30 airings, but I don't know if those are mostly or entirely films that didn't air this week or if they are repeats of Four Days in October. It might also reair on ESPN or ESPN2 later in the week or early next week before next week's new film, so keep an eye on the tv listings.

I don't know if there is a online site to watch the film.

The film eventually will come out on DVD (the first 15 30-for-30 films are coming out on DVD in December and I assume the other 15 will follow in mid to late 2011).

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
This has been an incredible series. Would be great to own on BD.

Haven't seen this yet, but I want to so bad

http://30for30.espn.com/film/into-the-wind.html

Into the Wind

In 1980, Terry Fox continued his fight against bone cancer with the pursuit of a singular, motivating vision: to run across Canada. Three years after having his right leg amputated six inches above the knee after being diagnosed with osteosarcoma, Fox set out to cover more than a marathon’s distance each day until he reached the shores of Victoria, British Columbia. Anonymous at the start of his journey, Fox steadily captured the heart of a nation with his Marathon of Hope. However the 21-year old BC native's goal was not fame, but to spread awareness and raise funds for cancer research. After 143 days and two-thirds of the way across Canada, with the eyes of a country watching, Fox’s journey came to an abrupt end when newly discovered tumors took over his body. Two-time NBA MVP, proud Canadian, and first-time filmmaker Steve Nash will share Fox’s incredible story of perseverance and hope.

Every year the Canada-wide Terry Fox Run takes place, with the intention that every participant finishes the run that Terry couldn't.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5621456

Members online

Latest posts