Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage baseball!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
This is part one of a documentary on guys who play baseball using the equipment and the rules of the 1880's. Thinking about starting a team in New Haven!

[youtube:1veodan0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CS2hBUnW-E[/youtube:1veodan0]

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I live in CT and there are 4 or 5 teams that I know of here, but they are all far away. I play normal baseball in the summer, but I am thinking of starting one of these teams in my area. There is also a company here that makes the uniforms and equipment. It seems really cool.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Jurgy25 said:
Yea it is really cool. My friend and his dad actually created/ started the vintage baseball league here in the Bay Area a few years back.
Ive seen videos of some of the teams in San Fran.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
This thread makes me want to go see if I can find my DVD or VHS tape I recorded years ago of a vintage baseball game.

ESPN Classic or one of those ESPN channels aired a live baseball game played using vintage baseball rules.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
rsmath said:
This thread makes me want to go see if I can find my DVD or VHS tape I recorded years ago of a vintage baseball game.

ESPN Classic or one of those ESPN channels aired a live baseball game played using vintage baseball rules.
Yeah, with JimBouton. I think there is video of it on youtube.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I was standing around outside a Home Depot once, and this guy came up to me and saw my Indians hat and we started talking baseball. He played on one of these vintage teams. He asked me if I collect baseball cards and I said I did! He pulled out his wallet, and pulled a card out. It was him! :lol: I think they were made by a business card company, it was pretty ghetto, but still very cool. Has his name and the team name and his picture. I have it somewhere....

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
RL24 said:
I was standing around outside a Home Depot once, and this guy came up to me and saw my Indians hat and we started talking baseball. He played on one of these vintage teams. He asked me if I collect baseball cards and I said I did! He pulled out his wallet, and pulled a card out. It was him! :lol: I think they were made by a business card company, it was pretty ghetto, but still very cool. Has his name and the team name and his picture. I have it somewhere....
Yeah, those guys go all out. You should see some of the websites. They write bios for each player in the vernacular and they give each other old sounding nicknames. They really get into it.

Members online

Latest posts