Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Met Doc Gooden tonight and got some auto's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doc was doing a free signing at a sports bar about 20 mins from my house. I found out about it 3 hour prior. It was limited to 1 per but i gave him 2 and he did them with no problem. Let me just state that i prefer cards over baseballs unless it is some guy who i can make a good coin off of or if it's a personal favorite. He was neither so i went for 2 cards that i think got great eye appeal. I already had the UD signed, got it in silver paint, so i wanted to see how it would come out in blue sharpie.
Doc was very nice. Didn't have my camera so i couldn't get a picture. Not a bad night since i got some food at the bar and then watched the Rays game until he showed up.

Doc Gooden. 2/2

3ad8ddcf.jpg

6cc0f4d3.jpg
af5f6d15.jpg

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Man, thats just awesome! I really need to get one of thoes DK autos...

By the way, did you happen to shake hands with him? He has the biggest/longest hands I have ever seen! Him throwing a baseball would be like me throwing a golf ball! Also, as a side note for thoes who may meet him in the future... He is a HUGE football fan, and loves to talk about it. He's not so big on talking baseball.

Anyway, great cards!

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Doc has been on a signing marathon this year. He averages like two apperances per month here in the tri-state area! :cool:

des1984

Aug 6, 2009
matfanofold said:
Man, thats just awesome! I really need to get one of thoes DK autos...

By the way, did you happen to shake hands with him? He has the biggest/longest hands I have ever seen! Him throwing a baseball would be like me throwing a golf ball! Also, as a side note for thoes who may meet him in the future... He is a HUGE football fan, and loves to talk about it. He's not so big on talking baseball.

Anyway, great cards!

+1.....I'm 6'7" and his hands made mine look small. That was the first thing I noticed about him too.....which is kinda creepy in a way. Now, I'm not feeling so good about myself right now.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Very nice. Awesome that local bar brings in free signings like these. Superfly would have been cool. Same with getting the Munster guy. Did they have blue sharpies on hand or did you bring your own. I always bring one with, so many of these type signings just have the standard black sharpie on hand that gets dried out quick.

Members online

Latest posts