Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS Mailday!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

james5348

Feb 2, 2009
very nice mailday. cant wait for my dayan- post that baby so i can drool till i get it in,lol

james5348

Feb 2, 2009
that really does amaze me how that got only a 9 on centering.... when i have seen worse get 9.5

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
james5348 said:
that really does amaze me how that got only a 9 on centering.... when i have seen worse get 9.5

Could be off centered on the back.

Nice grades, but damn it's aggrevating when they put the cards in the slab so crooked like that.Every Borchering except one looked crooked inside the slab.Ridiculous.

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
Your right, first time I've had this happen I don't know why they would send them out like that but I guess its a good thing I'm not super picky.

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
SINFULONE said:
james5348 said:

I looked at the back and centering is 55/45 so it should really be 9.5, also I hear that they count the front 90% and back 10% for the centering grade.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
mlbfan10 said:
SINFULONE said:
james5348 said:

I looked at the back and centering is 55/45 so it should really be 9.5, also I hear that they count the front 90% and back 10% for the centering grade.

OK, then BGS did you dirty.Looks like gem centering to me too.

I'll concede I'm probably pickier than the average collector.You're probably moving them eventually anyway, so it's not that big a deal.But it does bug me when they get sloppy like that.I have 2 BGS labels from the last time I sent them and they put the wrong Bowman Chrome parallel on the label.There was even a chunk of plastic stuck inside one of them.It was hideous.

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
SINFULONE said:
mlbfan10 said:
SINFULONE said:
james5348 said:

OK, then BGS did you dirty.Looks like gem centering to me too.

I'll concede I'm probably pickier than the average collector.You're probably moving them eventually anyway, so it's not that big a deal.But it does bug me when they get sloppy like that.I have 2 BGS labels from the last time I sent them and they put the wrong Bowman Chrome parallel on the label.There was even a chunk of plastic stuck inside one of them.It was hideous.

Wow that sucks. Yea your right I'm moving them more than likely. Now if it was for my PC like the Dunn is I would have been very upset about it. I almost thought they did the wrong parallel label today as well but realized I was actually looking at the right parallel card lol. :lol:

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
SINFULONE said:
james5348 said:

Nice grades, but damn it's aggrevating when they put the cards in the slab so crooked like that.Every Borchering except one looked crooked inside the slab.Ridiculous.

Having never submitted cards for grading and not owning any graded cards, I was just wondering about how crooked some are in the slabs. Are they loose, or are they sealed in like that? Either way they look pretty bad.

Otherwise, very nice grades!

- R.

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
olerud363 said:
SINFULONE said:
james5348 said:

Having never submitted cards for grading and not owning any graded cards, I was just wondering about how crooked some are in the slabs. Are they loose, or are they sealed in like that? Either way they look pretty bad.

- R.

Thanks man! They are not loose they are sealed like that. I just hope they don't turn anybody off when I try to sell a few of them.

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
james5348 said:
shoudl i resubmit the dayan for a grade bump?

I don't think you need to, it is already gem and most likely will not grade pristine (since those are pretty tough). I used to not like the cards with 9 centering but I've come to like them more because those are tougher to 9.5 and to judge since the you already have an issue staring back at you in the face lol.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
mlbfan10 said:
olerud363 said:
SINFULONE said:
james5348 said:

- R.

Thanks man! They are not loose they are sealed like that. I just hope they don't turn anybody off when I try to sell a few of them.

I have a couple slabs that were dropped and the inner sleeve can become loose over time.

I know if I am buying slabs and if it's for PC, if the card is crooked inside the slab it's definitely going to factor how much I'm going to bid.Because I'm going to have to re-submit it back to them to get it right.I don't know why they can't do it right the first time.You'd think something like that would be obvious to the knucklehead slabbing the card.

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
SINFULONE said:
mlbfan10 said:
olerud363 said:
SINFULONE said:
james5348 said:

- R.

I have a couple slabs that were dropped and the inner sleeve can become loose over time.

I know if I am buying slabs and if it's for PC, if the card is crooked inside the slab it's definitely going to factor how much I'm going to bid.Because I'm going to have to re-submit it back to them to get it right.I don't know why they can't do it right the first time.You'd think something like that would be obvious to the knucklehead slabbing the card.

You would think so but again these people that slab them don't care as they aren't card collectors and just there to make some $. Could be wrong with this statement though and then that is really really sad the guys just don't care that much about their product.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
mlbfan10 said:
SINFULONE said:
mlbfan10 said:
olerud363 said:
SINFULONE said:
[quote="james5348":3b2fwojv]that really does amaze me how that got only a 9 on centering.... when i have seen worse get 9.5

- R.

You would think so but again these people that slab them don't care as they aren't card collectors and just there to make some $. Could be wrong with this statement though and then that is really really sad the guys just don't care that much about their product.[/quote:3b2fwojv]

I read a Beckett article before that some of the graders are collectors themselves and take pride in their work, yada, yada, yada. etc.It was an interesting article, probably 2-3 years ago.

Members online

Latest posts