Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New EBAY postage insurance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
It's cheaper, but how does it compare in ease of filing claim. Does it have to be scanned by post office leaving for elgibility? I usually don't have scans going out, because po insurance coverage is good without it...

I love the way ebay automatcially defaults to the new insurance if you print labels from ebay...sounds like a potential lawsuit...i almost didn't even notice they switched from po insurance to their own insurance....

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
I have no problems of have seen anything different with printing postage via eBay. Unless they changed something after I printed 2 this afternoon. I notice no price difference weather I do it through eBay or logging in to paypal.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
This isn't a major issue, but I have noticed the labels print out a tad bit bigger than they would going straight through PayPal. When I printed through eBay today, I realized it because the label almost completely covered my #000. When using Paypal, I still have room on the edges of the label to tape it down.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
FYI, USPS shipping has to be scanned by a postal employee or at the office for insurance coverage as well.

Trust me, you can't buy insurance, ship the item, and try to make a claim if the package is never scanned as accepted. I lost a pretty good chunk of change that way, despite having paid for nearly $500 in insurance.

Members online

Latest posts