Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF auto #209

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Got this in the mail today. HOF auto #209 for my PC.

Harry Heilmann (1894-1951, HOF 1952) won batting crowns with the Tigers in '21, '23, '25, and '27 (including .403 in '23). He retired with 542 doubles, 151 triples, and 1539 RBI.

From 1934 to 1950, Heilmann worked as a play-by-play announcer for the Tigers. He worked alongside Ty Tyson, who is considered the first play-by-play man ever. Both signed this ticket to a radio broadcast. I love the rerences to the war and Briggs Stadium. Interestingly, it seems it was just a ticket to the broadcast, but not the game itself. Not sure how that worked, but I love the piece. It came with full JSA letter and cost me 400.

Heilmann.jpg
Scan13.jpg

These pick-ups have slowed to a trickle, and I've only got a few more to go before they're out of my price range. There are exactly 25 HOF autos that I need in the Heritage Signature auction next month, but I doubt I'll be able to afford any of those.

Thanks for looking!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Woo hoo Wayne!!

I'm waiting for 186 to arrive.....it's been very slow going for me of late. HH is on my want list, along with about 22 others that you likely have that I do not ;)

I'm loving the Heritage auction as well!

Members online

Latest posts