Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jesus montero threads rookie auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
I was wondering if his donruss threads autograph is a good buy at current prices. I know chrome is king but his buy in prices for chrome is really high as opposed to the threads auto. What do you guys think the threads auto could jump up to come spring training.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
perhaps he meant the lesser heyward autos like elite as compared to his chrome autos?

but still not a good example as heyward elite was earlier than his chrome auto.

Unless you were being funny,

in which case, ha!

Perhaps the example is................Joba and/or Phil Hughes

Joba chromes were big news, but his other stuff also took off. Hughes same deal, the chrome was huge, the SP Authentic was far rarer, but the elite was probably the best % money maker as those things sold for 5-12 at release then shot up to 80 at their peak.

Typically if a guy goes super nova, the 'lesser' quality autos tend to be the better ROI cards by %.

Jesusmontero

Mar 5, 2009
The threads don't seem to fluctuate in price. When his chromes were selling for 70-80 the threads were at $30-35. There isn't much of a risk at the current price because I haven't seen them fall below the $25 there at right now. You could make a nice profit if you pick up a few of them, but not as much if you risked it on a few chromes

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Jesusmontero said:
The threads don't seem to fluctuate in price. When his chromes were selling for 70-80 the threads were at $30-35. There isn't much of a risk at the current price because I haven't seen them fall below the $25 there at right now. You could make a nice profit if you pick up a few of them, but not as much if you risked it on a few chromes

Don't you think that THREE Threads auto would return a higher ROI % than a chrome auto? Maybe, maybe not, but I bet it would be close.

skrip

Jesusmontero

Mar 5, 2009
ballerskrip said:
Jesusmontero said:

Don't you think that THREE Threads auto would return a higher ROI % than a chrome auto? Maybe, maybe not, but I bet it would be close.

skrip

I would be awfully close. I think either would be a good investment at the current prices. Its just if you factor in the shipping and fees of buying one threads 3 times your probably going to pay closer to $30 per which at that point might not be worth it as much as a chrome at 60 shipped.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
afrobandit said:
beefycheddar said:
Messier2 said:
mwashuc06 said:
Yeah it will, look at Dom Brown's threads at his callup...

Bad comparison as Dom did not have a chrome and sterling autos...

Ok then look at Heyward.

Heyward didn't have a threads auto ::facepalm::

But he did have an Elite and look how high those got when Heyward blew up was what I meant. Look at Buster Posey's Panini cards increases, heck even the Razor stuff would have made money with him. Buy the player not the brand.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
ThoseBackPages said:
the one advantage that non-MLB cards DO have is if the player in question is traded to another team before you purge your stash

I don't think that's true. If a player is traded, I think most collector's would still want an MLB "First Year" over a minor league jersey card. If a prospect nosedives because of trade, then his cards across the board nosedive, not just the MLB uni issue.

Members online

Latest posts