Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Argh! Just respond to an offer!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I hate it when sellers just let an offer expire....why don't you decline or make a counter offer?? That way I know what's up!

Geez...end rant! :evil:

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Messier2 said:
I hate it when sellers just let an offer expire....why don't you decline or make a counter offer?? That way I know what's up!

It really bugs me too. If you don't want to respond to them why have a best offer?

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Erich said:
Messier2 said:

It really bugs me too. If you don't want to respond to them why have a best offer?

Exactly. Also, in case anyone was wondering, I don't make low-ball offers...all my offers are in line with what a card (or a similar) card has sold for recently.

I do BIN/BO auctions also. I respond to all either a quick decline or a counter if the buyer is close on my target price! I never let an BO expire...it's just not fair to the buyer.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
As a potential bidder, I'm more inclined to bid when there are pending BOs.

Its just a psychological thing I guess.

That's fine...but don't let an offer expire...sure, take your time in respond for psychological reasons or whatever...but...JUST RESPOND! Not too much to ask.

brumbach

Any time I use the BO feature I preset an auto-rejection price and auto-accept price, rarely I might leave a small gray area in between but I have found that using the auto-reject setting is much easier on my constitution. The way some sellers utilize the BO function on eBay really confuses me, it's like, why even bother putting it out there as an option if you are not going to respond or if you are going to reject anything outside of 5-10% of your asking price.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Jeff N. said:
Offers expire because sellers are waiting on a better bid to come in.
It may also be the seller is out for the evening and did not see the offer, or like me I was at work when the offer
expired and I could not get back on to accept the offer, since I forgot about it and I was waiting to see if another one came in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts