Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wowza...Amazing '46/'47 St. Louis Cardinals Mailday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
This arrived today, picked it up for what I think is a pretty amazing price, all 27 signatures I believe to be 100% authentic, let me know your thoughts and what value you would put on it, Im not looking to sell in any fashion, just curious what others believe the value to be.

Below is an Autograph Album attributed to the 1946 World Champion St. Louis Cardinals (with some 1947 signatures also)

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
The 1946 team is my favorite all time Cardinals team.

Here is the set that I had 200lb make for me previously, so this album will go along side it.

1946WSCardinalsBatteryandSS.jpg1946WSCardinalsIF.jpg1946WSCardinalsOF.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Holy Nuts Batman! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Every time you get a mailday, it amazes the crap outta me :lol:

It's cool that the person who got those sigs wrote 46-47 on them. Nice little add

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I don't even know what to say to describe how incredible that piece of history is.

it will look great with the customs Mike made for you.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Thx for the replies and I have to agree on the penmanship comment, each and everyone of the signatures are crisp and clear, you can easily make out whom the signature is of, very impressive.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
WOW amazing piece, Chris!!! :eek: :shock:

I would love to get a piece like that for the Red Sox circa 37-50....did you buy yours on ebay?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
WOW amazing piece, Chris!!! :eek: :shock:

I would love to get a piece like that for the Red Sox circa 37-50....did you buy yours on ebay?

It was up on ebay, but we completed off ebay.

He had each of the four sheets (the Joe G is on the back of one of those) up individually, so that is how I caught the one with Musial. I did a search of the sellers other items and saw the other 3. I contacted him and asked if he would consider a BIN for all 4. He replied back said sure, make me an offer, if I think it is reasonable, I will accept and end the auctions. Couldnt believe it when he accepted the offer, but I took into consideration his starting prices of each of the 4 when I made the offer. The big thing to me was getting my hands on the Album Cover, as that pretty much dated these autos. If I was buying the Musial page alone, I wouldnt have received that Album Cover.

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
That is awesome. Since I wasn't around back then, do you think the better penmanship was because they weren't trying to rush their signature due to the fact that they didn't have a hundred people standing waiting for it. Or were kids and adults back then similar to today.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts