Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Go find your Andy Irons A&G autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Three time surfing champion who sadly died today. He has an 06 A&G auto that will go crazy on eBay

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Andy Irons, a three-time world surfing champion who won at every location on the elite circuit, died today from complications due to illness. He was 32.

Irons passed away during a layover en route to his home in Kauai, Hawaii, after withdrawing from an event in Puerto Rico, the Association of Surfing Professionals said. He was said to have been battling dengue fever, the association added.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
IndyMann said:
Andy Irons, a three-time world surfing champion who won at every location on the elite circuit, died today from complications due to illness. He was 32.

Irons passed away during a layover en route to his home in Kauai, Hawaii, after withdrawing from an event in Puerto Rico, the Association of Surfing Professionals said. He was said to have been battling dengue fever, the association added.
Effin mosquitos!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Up for auction is a Andy Irons signed 2006 Topps Allen & Ginter's Card . A very rare hard to find card. He passed away on November 2, 2010. Free shipping.

Wow.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Marro said:
Let's profit from his death.

Like every television station, newspaper, website, blog, etc that is covering the story and profiting from the advertising revenue they're generating? Kinda like that?

I don't own any of his cards. I have zero to gain from this. I was just trying to let collectors know their two dollar card is now worth thirty

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
People are always going to profit from situations like these if they can. Just the way the world works.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
RITM said:
Up for auction is a Andy Irons signed 2006 Topps Allen & Ginter's Card . A very rare hard to find card. He passed away on November 2, 2010. Free shipping.

Wow.

I don't see anything wrong with the description. The auction started low and now it's up to collectors to set the price.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
JoshHamilton said:
Marro said:

Like every television station, newspaper, website, blog, etc that is covering the story and profiting from the advertising revenue they're generating? Kinda like that?

I don't own any of his cards. I have zero to gain from this. I was just trying to let collectors know their two dollar card is now worth thirty

Comparing the operating costs of a company to an ebay auction makes no sense. Plus it's the responsibility of the media to report the news and not worry the profit margin from the story. It's not a huge story and would make the local news in limited markets and most likely be a small sound bite.

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
JoshHamilton said:
Marro said:

I'm not going to get on a moral high-horse, but that is not a valid comparison at all.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Lets say someone has this card. What is the acceptable waiting period for them to sell this card? Just because he died you're supposed to hold on to it forever?

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
I live in Hawaii and was born and raised here. Ive followed both Irons bros for over 15 years now.

It doesnt bother me if someone tries to make a buck off of this, but it would bother me if someone makes a joke out of it. His beautiful wife is due to have their first kid in less than a month (a boy who will never know his father).

Its a sad day in sports....... the latest news....
They are saying now that Andy Irons may have died from a methadone overdose (found in a zolpidem container?). Zolpidem and other pills found near bed.... thought to be taken for the excruciating pain of Dengue Fever aka "Breakbone Fever". After leaving Puerto Rico and the Rip Curl event (because of illness).... He was on an IV for 2 days in Miami before making his desperate attempt to get back home to Hawaii. He had a vomiting attack on the plane from Miami to Dallas, then missed the connecting flight, checked into the hotel never to wake up...

Irons was one of the first to get air in surfing comps, and helped change the sport from a carvers mentality.... that what he was known for ....... he was also a 3 time world champion.

ripandyirons.jpg

For those that care.........Fuel TV will re-broadcast the Billabong Pro won by Andy Irons at Teahupoo in September, as a tribute to the surfer. Watch Fuel TV (Channel 516) from 6pm (EDT) on Wednesday, November 3.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I used to get a little ticked after a HOFer died and 200 plus cards get thrown up on the bay. It's understandable to me now. If I had this card, it would be on the bay now. Just saying.

Beckhamcollector15

Dec 10, 2009
I have this card, I'm torn on whether I should sell it or keep it. Yeah, it would be nice to make a profit, but I don't want to think of myself as someone who profits on someone's death. On the other hand, that card will probably sit in my storage container labeled "junk" and never see the light of day. So maybe selling it to somebody who is/was a fan would be the right thing to do, opinions?

EDIT: fkw- If you want this card for free pm me your address. I see that your a big fan.

Members online

Latest posts