Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ebay fees are at 9%? since when?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
I just looked at my monthly invoice and realized eBay is at 9% FVF for auctions?!?! I must have not been paying attention. Wasn't it only $0.30 + 3.9% recently, or am I just living in the past?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
sneekc said:
I just looked at my monthly invoice and realized eBay is at 9% FVF for auctions?!?! I must have not been paying attention. Wasn't it only $0.30 + 3.9% recently, or am I just living in the past?

paypal is .30 + 2.9 % if that is what you are thinking

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Mine has been 9% for a while now.
Not sure when it started. It completely sucks to pay $160 plus every month, but where else to you get the same traffic to your auctions.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know if/when it went up to 9%, but I know it's been something like 8.75% or so for a while now. I just figure 12% off the top for ebay sales. At least insertion fees are low.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
goldenegg1 said:
Mine has been 9% for a while now.
Not sure when it started.

Started when Ebay decided to reduce, eliminate or add more free listings on some things on the frontend so they could take a bigger cut on the backend.

There's a thread here somewhere in the FCB Baseball talk archive about the situation when ebay announced/implemented their changes to listing fees/FVF fees.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I havent noticed that,but i did notice something that is strange.Ever since i became a seller in 07.I have always had my invoice sent from ebay saying that the fees will be taken out between the 20th -24th of the month.

This months invoice states the 7th -12th.I sent ebay a message asking why they changed the dates and i'm waiting to hear what they say.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Bornagaincollector said:
This months invoice states the 7th -12th.I sent ebay a message asking why they changed the dates and i'm waiting to hear what they say.

It's not the close of the quarter so it's not like they are trying to collect their money quicker to inflate the quarterly earnings.

Members online

Latest posts